Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 2014.Apr.13th.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some stuff from my outing yesterday--WW2 battle site in eastern europe.
What the heck is a button made in Johnstown, PA doing in this neck-o-the-woods????
Thanks for looking and commenting!!
GL+HH!!!
The Doctor is IN!!! Superb buttons, George! Yes, very weird about that button, but, that's one of the great things about this hobby...you never know! Wink

Joe
Man George you dig a lot of stuff! And those buttons... just awesome! I think Bullet Bob and Deathray are the button guys along with Micah. They should be able to find something on those for you.
Nice buttons
I did some research (net) and found that the button (left) was for work overalls/clothes from the early 20th century.  It is possible, ecause of the mass migration of peasants during that period from Eastern Europe to the factory and mining areas of Western PA, Ohio, that someone returned home to this area with these items...or sent them home.  I've heard not one, but many stories to this effect--guys fed up with the economic situation here so they head out to try their luck in the New World......there is a similat tendency right now too.
Interested how much can be learned from just one small single relic!!!
Thanks to all for the comments!!!
GL+HH!!!

p.s.: the button on the right is from the post '56 (Hungarian Revolution) era, so-called Kádár-period (1957-1989).  Probably from a border patrol tunic.
Reference URL's