Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New here saying hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wanted to introduce myself  my name is David i just joined here seems really nice. I am brand new to the hobby. I am hoping to find any knowledge i can there are no clubs near me and i dont know anyone in my area who metal detects. I bought a Fisher F2 detector i have been able to use it a couple times with limited results but, i am having fun. Laughing
Welcome to the forum from Pittsburgh PA. The F2 is a good machine to start out with. I found that using it wide open with no disc was best. And if you get a bouncy hit that stays up in the coin range, dig it. When the ID bounces all over the whole spectrum it is probably junk.
Welcome aboard! Glad to have some new blood on here Yes Our community rocks...and Will's advice on the F2 is spot on Wink

We're here to help, so, any questions, just ask. Oh yeah...

We want to see those find, too!!!

Joe
Welcome David from NE Ohio!
Welcome! There are a lot of knowledgable people on this forum. I'm sure that just by talking to people and reading what people have to say you will learn a lot about the hobby!!
Welcome David from Wisconsin the F2 will be a great detector to start with just take your time and learn what its trying to tell you
Welcome aboard!  F2 is an excellent machine to start with.  Are you running the concentric or the DD coil?  What the other guys have said is all great info.
Welcome from NC
Hey thanks everyone, i haven't actually had a opportunity to explore to much on here yet with work and all but cant wait to begin learning. I was locked on either the ace 250 or the fisher f2 i read for weeks and watched tons of videos and simply couldn't make my mind up so to solve my problem i literally tossed a coin into the air and ended up with the fisher. I purchased it online no dealers in my area it came with two coils a 4 and 8 inch i have only used the 8" so far it is  called a concentric coil i think. I bought it from metal detector town a package deal of sorts f2,both coils,pin pointer and a few other odds and ends, i also bought a pair of fair quality head phones. The pin pointer that was included seems really marginal in its ability to locate objects,but i cant complain it was more a less free.I am hoping to get to use my detector this weekend weather permitting that is. I am still trying to figure out all the sounds and then finding what i locate. I have really enjoyed what time i have played with the f2 i think i will enjoy it and my new hobby.I will admit there is a lot more to learn than i realized but i enjoy learning so it works out. I am thinking i need to get a better pin pointer than freebie i was sent, i am looking at the Garret pro pointer and the Whites pin pointer,both seem pretty nice and reviews are good also. I have been looking for even a second hand gently used one any brand actually as used would be more budget friendly for me right now.(small budget , big wants) LOL.
  Thank again to everyone who said hello and also for the advise. Take care and happy hunting.
Welcome Dave from Northern New Jersey. I use the Garret pro pointer like it a lot.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's