Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: I want a TDI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been wanting a machine that goes deeper in bad ground. Been reading alot on different types and models. I have decided that I want a Whites TDI pulse machine. I think it would fit my hunting style very well. I have put my whole M6 detector package up for trade in the classifieds. If no interest I will end up selling it. The M6 is a great detector, but I just want to try something different than what I have been using. Anyone here use the TDI? What do you think of it?
Will, a pulse unit is made to go DEEP. Only problem is, there's very little (to none) discrimination. If you're hunting fairly clean turf spots, or even the beach, it would be doable, but, anywhere else, you're going to be digging a TON of trash. To be sure, if you don't mind going through it, you WILL find good targets other machines simply couldn't reach, however, to me, it would be too much labor. If you need a machine that excels in bad dirt...

Any Minelab will do the trick...easily, as that's what they're made for. Again, a pulse WILL get you down deep in bad dirt, but, do you really want to be pulling out tons of nails, foil & god only knows what at 14 or 15"? That's for you to decide.

All that being said, if you do opt for the TDI, they're one of the deepest seeking, dependable units out there Wink

Joe
The TDI does have disc capabilities using the ground balance as a disc setting. They say you can disc out most nails this way. It also has a tone ID to tell low conductors from high conductors. From what I've read it is alot different than other PI units. Also alot different than VLF. That's really what I want. Something different.
(04-16-2014 07:02 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]The TDI does have disc capabilities using the ground balance as a disc setting. They say you can disc out most nails this way. It also has a tone ID to tell low conductors from high conductors. From what I've read it is alot different than other PI units. Also alot different than VLF. That's really what I want. Something different.

True, Will, but, the ability you're referencing to disc nails & other trash is really only the first few inches, after that, all bets are off. That's the double-edged sword of a PI, tremendous depth, however, discrimination is minimal at best.

Hopefully someone will chime in that has used the TDI, and can fill in the blanks a bit more. Either way you go...

Good luck Hi

Joe
I have not ever used a pulse machine of any kind before but I have seen many YouTube videos of people using them and I would have to say if you want to see how  one performs and don't have access to test drive one or know any one to talk to who has used them YouTube videos could be very helpful.

What little I do know about pulse machines I don't believe that I personally would run one for the type of hunting I do.. Now if I was on the beach I would probably use one. I'm sure if you do decide to use one and you spend the time learning the machine I'm sure you will be ok... Sorry I can not be more helpful..
Ok I have used the TDI pulse scan for many years. I have used it in Wisconsin looking for native copper the ground here is not highly mineralized so I could not ground balance so you cannot get the most for depth or use the switch for running it in conductive or non conductive I just run in all. good thing because there was not trash just copper when you got a signal.
Then I have used it for years in Virginia in highly mineralized ground when you ground balance it you can do all the stuff and get great depth. you can run in all which gets every thing but will give some different sounds but still get iron nails but all sounds are different form having tails or bings . let me tell you any short, or broke nail will give you a good signal then you have conductive and non conductive switch which gives you choices. I have heard of people using them on beaches and doing good as you dig most targets there I think it would work good on salt beach.
I know you will dig good stuff plus lots of trash and get depth if you can ground balance if you cannot it will not get the greatest depth. Hope this helps if you got questions pm me and I will try to help. I have a friend that wants me to sell his for him so I will put it in classifieds in the next couple days when I get time
I got one.  Put a down payment on a TDI.  Now I just need to sell the M6 to pay it off.  The way I hunt I dig almost everything anyway.  I think this machine could suit me good.  (If it doesn't I'll just sell it Wink)
Congrats!!  Get a good shovel! Happy
I just saw this too late..I would have sold you mine with both coils! Its a good machine!I have my eye on a gp that someone is selling though. Good luck Will.
I am getting closer. I sold the two extra M6 coils. Now I just need to sell the detector and probe and the TDI is mine.

Hey Steveo, thanks for the info. I will probably need some advice when I get the TDI. I have read the manual and field manual and alot of forum posts. Seems like it can be a bit complicated, but I've heard that once you get it you get it.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's