Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Tiny 1712 Silver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had the day off yesterday, so I decided to go back to the spot I was at with my daughter last Friday.......started off slow, but as the afternoon wore on interesting stuff started popping up......16th-17th century spur, really old horseshoe halves, etc (see pic).
Then, just before I got back to where I parked, from about 20cm and barely audible (AT Pro, pro-coin mode) I dug up this silver III. Charles (Habsburg, Austro-Hungary) 1-kruetzer from 1712!!  It's a darned good thing I had my Pro-Pointer, because I probably would've never found it at such a depth......!!!
That silver is beautiful!  Did that ring up in the high 80's, low 90's on your AT?

Excellent finds my friend.
That is a sweet coin!! That and some cool relics is a great hunt! Good job!
Nice silver George and some great relics as well. That AT Pro is s fabulous machine.
Killer oldie, congrats!
Sweeeeet coin! Like the spurs too!!
(04-23-2014 03:08 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]That silver is beautiful!  Did that ring up in the high 80's, low 90's on your AT?

Excellent finds my friend.

Interestingly the reading was faint and fluttered alot, from high 50s to high 70s with alternating mid-high tone...probably because of the depth.......I almost didn't dig it--I'd previously had some chatter because of the cable every time the coil tuched a small branch or sapling (solved with electrical tape!).  One of the spurs also had the same readings even though I was set at pro-coin (iron discr. at 35!!!).  I guess I'm still getting used to the AT-Pro!!!
Nice old silver.
Reference URL's