Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Christmas in April
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, today was like Christmas Happy

I got out with the amazing Gerry F, a fellow forum member. We tried a spot I've been dying to hit for ages, but, kept putting it off. Anywho...

I get to this place at about 9:30, and within 10 minutes I pull a 1899 barber dime. Then an 1889 Indian maybe 15 minutes later. Gerry came about an hour later, and wait till you guys see what HE found! I'll let him post his prize Yes

Middle of the day lulled out a bit, then I started hitting more keepers in the afternoon. All told, I had a great hunt with...

1899 Barber dime
1889 Indian & 1905 Indian
1831 Large Cent
Two flat buttons
What appears to be a sphered cuff button
4 wheats
And a mystery item. It's the thing that looks like a rivet in the picture, but, there's a small star stamp on the head of this thing. Anyone know what it is?

I'm hitting this place again Sunday...can't wait Big Grin

Joe
Wow man. You hit a honey hole for sure. What has kept you from this place? Christmas is coming for me soon.
Killer goodies,Congrats Joe! Love the large cent. Merry Christmas!
Nice hunt Joe! Getting that count up one at a time. And a good variety of stuff as well.
That rivet thing.... I don't really know, but I suspect some kind of leather saddlery attachment. Strange how those large cents are so near the size of trade tokens from that era.
great hunt!!!!
Sweet hunt Joe!! I love digging barbers and Indians! The barber I found like two weeks ago was an 1899 also. Unfortunately no Indians for me yet this year...Sad Maybe tomorrow, me and my old man are going out to a park that we have done ok in before. In fact last week my dad got a 1910 barber from there. Hopefully we do good, this park has been pounded hard in the past but there is still stuff there. Anyway, great finds Joe! Keep having hunts like that and you will have a killer year!

Trevor
Great Day!!  Congrats on the great finds!
SUPER NICE !!!! for here in NJ.
Reference URL's