Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Recent Relics....(Demo and Park)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Yall,

Last week I drove out to try and hunt bottles with a buddy, (Mark) and I now have a new respect for diggers! Digging pits is hard work - Sadly the first one we dug was just shards (but tons of em) we obviously were too late as someone had beat us to the bottles. The second one we tried had everything going for it, (age of site/location/natural depression/bottle probe sunk down all the way) but about 5 feet down we hit a clay sewer pipe that ran to the creek...hence everything dumped in washed away ages ago! Doh.

On the upside there was a demo site that had uncovered a ton of area of old miner activity. (it ended up being covered up the very next day) Just goes to show you you have to hit demos while you can!

Anyways first couple of pics are from that demo site - and next ones starting with medals are from some of the older San Fran Parks.

Thanks for lookin' and HH as always!
2 of these are mystery items to me - any info appreciated.

-M

This first object has me stumped - its about 2 inches long.
[attachment=1777]

[attachment=1778]

[attachment=1779]

Tip of a powder flask
[attachment=1780]

[attachment=1781]

[attachment=1782]

[attachment=1783]

1939 San Fran International Expo Union Pacific token - has a square nail hole through the middle ..heh
[attachment=1784]

Half of a 1908 San Fran Licence plate
[attachment=1785]

Any ideas what this last thing is? Its handmade of lead - some sort of burnisher for engraving? Size of a pencil.
[attachment=1786]
Love those suspender clips, Micah! But, the Expert Marksman piece is awesome!!! And that license plate is killer Wink

That mystery piece on top I'm not sure about. Obviously, a screw or nail would go where the hole is, so, maybe a decorative hook for a wall?

Fantastic stuff Yes

Joe
That first one might be used to hold a candle...to use as a lantern. Is the size right for that?  Cool digs dude! btw,and off topic, some good shows coming around...mastadon,devildriver....mosh dude!
Nice finds. I like the rifleman badge. Very cool.
Nice relics! Love that marksman badge!
Wow Micah!  Those are some amazing relics!  I have no answers for you, I was going to say candle related like deathray. 

Mastodon and DevilDriver?  That would be a great show!
(04-29-2014 07:52 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]Wow Micah!  Those are some amazing relics!  I have no answers for you, I was going to say candle related like deathray. 

I'm probably going to regret this, but, may I ask who or what "Mastodon" & "DevilDriver" is? If it's music, well, no comment, lol.

You guys should try some Ol' Blue Eyes, sometime. Maybe a little Tony Bennett to spice things up a bit. Chicago. Elvis. Dion & the Belmonts. Yep, my musical tastes are that of a 90 year old fogie Tongue

Joe
Micah, I've searched around for that first "what if" and haven't found anything yet. If you say it's only 2" long, it must be a pretty small candle holder (sarc). Size comparisons would be a thought. It's in an Art Deco design. I was thinking it may be a rod holder for a curtain or drape. My search on that aspect with my resources didn't result in anything close. That hole is for a tapered screw. That's what led me to that conclusion for it's size and design. Hope this helps.

The lead thing with the flat tab on the end is probably an early battery anode or cathode from some sort of cylindrical telegraphic pole signal inducer. Or from a primer ignition for explosives for mining. Just a guess.

Hey, I'm not Lazarus.

I'm pretty certain that you found an old scrapyard. Or somebodies collection of metal.
(04-29-2014 08:26 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2014 07:52 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]Wow Micah!  Those are some amazing relics!  I have no answers for you, I was going to say candle related like deathray. 

I'm probably going to regret this, but, may I ask who or what "Mastodon" & "DevilDriver" is? If it's music, well, no comment, lol.

You guys should try some Ol' Blue Eyes, sometime. Maybe a little Tony Bennett to spice things up a bit. Chicago. Elvis. Dion & the Belmonts. Yep, my musical tastes are that of a 90 year old fogie Tongue

Joe

Well Joe.  Sinatra is great.  I'm a big Doors fan.  But metal has always been my fav.  Devil Driver and Mastadon are metal bands. 
The wife loves the old crooners too, so I still get my dose of the 'fogie' music. ?
Nice relics ya got there! Congrats!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's