Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Holy $hit!!! Pinch Me!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Better yet, try knocking me out, cause I'm in a daze!!! Met up with Gerry F again this morning at one of our regular spots. We decided to try a new section we've never hit before...just had that feeling. I got there before Gerry, about 9, and it was off to the races!!! One of the first signals I got sounded great, but, it was shallow. Figured I'd dig it cause I just got there. When I pinpointed it, I got the tell-tale squeal...the target was laying on the ground. I hate when that happens. However, resting itself in a little sunken patch, I reach for the coin and think; "that looks like silver". A freakin barber dime lying right on top of the ground!!!!! Gets better...

Couple minutes later, I get a great signal. About 5" down, out pops a seated!!! My oldest one yet! That's my 5th, I'm trying to catch up to Ron Tongue Maybe 20 minutes later, I get the freakin merc - TRIFECTA!!! Been 3 years since my last. Now, my mind starts racing, I might get the grand slam, I just needed the Rosie. I GOTTA get a stinkin Rosie! It's now maybe 10:15, so, in an hour and change I've already got the trifecta. I'm calling Gerry trying to tell him to speed it up, that it's a hot spot, but, his phone was off! I'm dialing him every 10 minutes like a madman, lol. Anywho...

Gerry finally arrived, and we hit that section hard. Aside from an Indian, a buffalo, a slew of wheats & doo dads, went dry for the rest of the afternoon. I was trying my damnedest to get that Rosie, but, it wasn't coming. By 3, Gerry had to hightail it back home. Wasn't a chance in hell I was leaving though, hahaha. I was on a mission.

I hunt about another hour and a half after Gerry left praying for that Rosie. Finally, I get a borderline signal. Was thinking wheatie or an Indian, however, had that nice little high tone warble mixed in. I knew time was closing in, and was hoping it was the Rosie. Dig the plug...

And see a TINY shiny circle. Thought it was the flint wheel off a lighter, as I pull a ton of them. Then notice it's too shiny for that. Also spied some figure on it. Gently wipe some dirt away, and it's a 1/4 REAL!!! My first, and my smallest coin ever.

Never got the stinkin Rosie, but, I'm MORE than happy with the trifecta. Someone, somewhere was smiling down on me today Happy

Anyone know what that metal tube is with the slots on it? I was thinking something from a flagpole or a fishing rod. Also, any ideas on the type of key in the pics?

I got 14 wheats, I fired musket ball, and what appears to be part of an old toy cannon...or a tiny nozzle, lol, haven't a clue.

Joe
OMG. That 1/4 Real is terrific. Forget the Rosie. You just busted loose the best find ever!!! Congrats man. Persistence pays off!!!!!
Dude! You're KILLING me!! That was some day. Seems like I might be a jinx. You get the good stuff before and after I leave! Maybe I'll do better next time. Got about 5 wheats and a 1901 Indian. Gerry

Joe- that's a 1/4 Real from Guatemala and .835 silver. Gerry
Gerry, if you're a jinx, I wanna be jinxed everyday!!! Lol. If memory serves me correct, you got your seated a couple of weeks ago, isn't it my turn?!?! Tongue There's more there...I know it Wink

Joe
WOW!!!  All I can say is WOW.
Wow! Awesome hunt!
Holy Crap!!  Great hunt!!  That is a video worthy hunt right there!!
Wow, I agree that was a great hunt.  Congratulations
Cool digs Joe

can't beat days like that in the field :-)
'SWEEEEEET!! that Real anx Seated look fantastic! Way to go Joe!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's