Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Garrett PP Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got an X-Pointer from k house too! The only problem I have with it is it sets off my SE like crazy when I have the sensitivity way up and noise cancel on the SE can't really eliminate it even if I set the unit on the coil while cancelling. I think it's because the X-Pointer is a pulse induction unit. I just swing the coil about 5 feet away flat to the ground and that eliminates the noise on both the SE and the PP. I still have my replaced Garrett as a backup but I enjoy the X-Pointer a lot because I can tune it down when there's other stuff in the hole. One caution however on the X-Pointer. If you're using the ring with the keeper coil don't over tighten the battery cap or you will crack the case like I did. They are only 2 - 1/4 inch (< 1 cm) cracks but I taped around them with electricians tape tightly and haven't had a problem with the cap falling off like it did with the ring attached. The X-Pointer is a good unit for the money but I'm such a bull with equipment I should have known better than to over tighten it.

Ed
The X pointer is pulse induction.  So is it a motion detector?  I briefly had a pistol probe.  It was a PI probe and had to be moving to detect.  It ate batteries real fast too.
I am always afraid of over tightening  so i make it a point of not tightening anything too tight  ( have broken too many things by doing just that).  The lanyard that comes with it is a nice added feature. looking forward to trying it out.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's