Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Oldest Coin Yet & Other Goodies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, here is a look at what ive found over the past week or so going to some of my favourite spots after school. The coin is an 1852 penny/bank token made by the Bank of Upper Canada. They made these coins between 1850 and 1857. 
Next is the rusty knife i found with the wood handle still attached so i thought it was pretty cool.
Then there is the lead bag seals which say Canadian Customs V.R. on one side and some local small town names on the reverse (any ideas on what V.R. stands for?).
Lastly there is the two hole copper button which has writing on it but i cannot make it out. 
Other than what is in the pictures i have also found some more 1800s GTR coupler pins and some horseshoes.
Thanks for reading HH!

Sorry for the sideways pictures! :/
That is a very cool bank token!!

Congrats!
Some nice recoveries man! Can't go wrong with that
I also have found one of thoes bank tokens 1854 about 20 years ago, next to it was a 1837 montreal bank token,i will have to find and post for all to see. Congrats!
sweet, nice finds.
really like the bank token, pretty cool.
That's awesome! Nice work!
That is a cool coin.  Congrats on your oldest (oldest so far).
Nice finds overall and congrats on that bank token! That's a real prize!
That bank token is KICKASS! Great stuff, Eric Yes

Joe
Thanks guys i really enjoy reading the comments! Ill post more once i find something interesting. 
HH
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's