Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Big George
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I knocked on that Pakistani gentleman's door again, and as promised, he let me hunt his backyard. I found that merc on his front lawn last Wednesday. His yard is tiny, maybe 25' long by 20' wide, but, his house was built in the teens I believe, so, I thought there was a lot of silver potential.

It turned out to be not as good as I thought, however, hunting a private yard was a GIANT respite from the parks. Really amazing digging down 3 or 4" and pulling out an old coin, versus having to dig down 10 or 11" in some of my urban spots. There was practically NO trash! That alone was heaven Happy I dug every signal except iron. Everything in the pics came from the yard, with the exception of the war nickel, which was found in an open field. Anywho...

1941 Washington
1945 war nickel
1883 Indian
2 buffs - 1928 & no date
6 wheats
Copper religious charm
Toy truck

After hunting the yard, I got spoiled. I didn't want to go back to the park again. Been awhile since I've done a private property, and forgot how much fun it was. Think I'll be knocking on more doors, soon.

P.S. - Some of the neighbors noticed me, and I chatted them up. One lives in a house built in 1902. He even has a detector "somewhere in his garage", lol. Said I can hunt it anytime Yes

Joe
WOW, man you are killing the silver.
those are some very nice digs.
and the old Indian, man that is a nice catch.

nice job on landing the hunting grounds, getting me thinking i may have to go
knock on a few doors. only prob is out here in the sticks, you dont hear the usual who is it... you may just hear the clachink of a shotgun being chambered.
Nice hunt Joe, love the Indian! !! I know I'm spoiled with my place,  wish you lived closer,  I would have you over for a hunt.  Looking forward to seeing more of your house site digs.
Nice work!!
A great day for you indeed sir! Way to go.
You did it again! My Lord your killing it with IH's and the Silver. And the Buffs and Religious medals. Starting to see the way of the machine but man the stuff is deep and hard to target. But I told you the nosy neighbors would show up! Nice hunting, Man ohhhhh Manischewitz............!!!

Ed
Way to go Joe!!
Congrats on that quarter joe!!
That's some nice coins.  George is the man.
Reference URL's