Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: WOOHOO First Dig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK i know it isnt much and there really is no important find here but im just glad that im actually able to find stuff im putting a picture of all my finds in about an hours time around my house the picture is missing a hitch pin that i found as well as a stainless pen that was about 6 inches deep.

The pennies arent anything special they are a 75 and a 77.  The rock i found though looks as if it had been worked but not 100% sure the aluminum pieces are from the siding that they installed on the house how they got so far out into my yard is beyond me.

IM really excited for more hunting cant wait to get out again 

WOOHOO
Not bad...you'll get used to the new machine to the point where it'll be an extension of your arm.  My first time out with my AT Pro was similar...lots of aluminum.  Don't lose hope and be patient--often you have to dig 20-30 crappy targets to get that one SWEET find!!!!
GL&HH
Excellent . thats how it starts. your first great find is right around the corner.
it starts with learning your machine, learning to recover your targets.
and the fun stuff will follow.
to jump start your finds, try hunting local parks, playgrounds, ballfields.
or fairgrounds in your area, anywhere where large numbers of people gathered.
also do a little research on the historical sites and areas around you.
you will be amazed at what people drop, and what you will recover.
your off to a great start .... good job ...

happy hunting ...
I have many hunts that turn up the same stuff, it's only about every 3 or 4 hunts that I turn up something really interesting. Sometimes I may even go 6 hunts with nothing but trash and then on one hunt I find 8 or 10 really awesome relics. Good luck and happy hunting friend!
Nothing like your first digs! Can't beat that feeling. Wait until you see your first glint of silver in the hole.
The key is that you started!!

Your First Digs!!  Congrats!

You will be having a lot of firsts in the days and months to come.

First Qtr, First Dime, First ring, First silver coin etc etc and it only gets better and more addictive!!

Congrats and welcome to the the hobby
Nice start.  You are learning already.  You will always dig junk.  If you don't dig any junk, You aren't digging enough.
The excitement never ends Z!! That's just a taste. You'll be filling up the one side of the pouch with all kinds of stuff and the smaller side with some real nice finds in no time. Practice makes perfect, no matter what you dig.
Congrats on beginning your journey! Keep digging everything, and really LISTEN to all of the different tones, sounds, whizzes & burps your detector is making. Each one is a clue, that when coupled with VID # & depth, gives you a pretty good indicator of what the buried target is. This takes time to learn, and isn't always 100%, but, getting a good handle on your detector will reap MANY rewards Yes

Way to go!

Joe
Reference URL's