Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: LAKE MICHIGAN HUNT (RING FISHING)!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took my newly modded SurfMaster II out to the lakefront for a spin last night :-)

She was D E E E E E P in the sand in the surf right at the shoreline in the cut where the waves wash up!!!

With wetsuit on, detector and scoop in hand and after a few hrs in the water finding nothing but spending change and a schoolgirl/junk ring (not shown) - I got a soft whisper of a signal and I knew it was deep so I dug/scooped down 3xs about 14 inches and out popped the nice 14k chunk of GOLD (as shown below)!

Weighs in at 8.6 grams for a total of $213.34 in todays price for scrap

I will see if I can find the owner but if not = finders/keepers!

HH all and keep it swinging [Image: headbang.gif]

[Image: GldR002_zps1a749abe.jpg]

[Image: GldR001_zps75f93bd5.jpg]

[Image: GldR003_zps01b949f1.jpg]

[Image: GldR004_zpsacf69e44.jpg]
Nice ring Wayne she's a keeper ole Keith fixed you up a awesome machine for sure!
Dude, nice hunk o gold! I've always sold all of my yellow for the quick cash. My other non-gold finds (coins, relics, etc.)? It would be almost impossible...like sacrilege. I'd have that bad boy all baggied up already and on its way to Midwest Refinery Wink

SCORE Yes

Joe
Nice catch at the beach Wayne!! I get those soft whispers too but it ain't sand I'm a diggin'.

Good luck with finding the owner.

I'm waiting for the price of gold to pop. When it dropped to $1200 from $1700, I kicked myself that I didn't turn it in before then.

Ed
nice catch surf fishing. looks to me like the ring found an owner.
we don`t own gold, we borrow it during our time here. now its your time to enjoy it.

great catch ...
Great ring!
Congrats on the gold!
Nice beach nugget Wayne!
That's a big chunk of gold.  Sweet dig.
Reference URL's