Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Good Spot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fellow forum member Gerry F. and I hit a spot today that's been on our bucket list for quite a while now, but never got around to hunting. We should've pounded it sooner Happy

Beautiful weather for swinging (low humidity & a nice breeze), and the coins they were a flying!

My absolute best find of the day is the killer New York City Police button. No shank, however, other than that, it's in amazing condition. I'd say it's from the 20's or 30's if I had to venture a guess.

Also got my first barber quarter since last year, a 1909. Appears to have either some fire damage, or just blackened from ground conditions, but, I used Ron's famous spit electrolysis foil wrap, and it cleaned up much better Yes

Also got a 1925 merc, 4 Indians (can't get dates), 15 wheats & a little religious charm that's in a bezel that probably broke off a necklace.

I actually had fun today, and can't complain...for a change Tongue

Joe
Nice haul. CongratsHappy
Cool finds Joe - gotta love the Barber stuff!

HH
Nice bunch of stuff, Joe. That Barber is a real charm. So's that Merc and the police button. Went to a 1878 park here myself with nothing but a pile of more clad and 2 wheats.
Man what are you using, a modified silver sucking shop vac .
you are sure cleaning out the coins ... 

nice haul ...
Nice going Joe!
Nice Digs my friend!!

Congrats on the goodies!
Awesome hunt.  That police button is sweet.
Reference URL's