Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 30 minute time limit on Edits!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this new or am I out of touch?
It's not new.  I don't get it.  Wish it would go away.
Ron, ignore my PM, as I think I misconstrued what you were saying. Guys...

Do you mean you've tried writing a post, and it took more than 30 minutes, then, when you tried to upload the post, it was lost? And you had to start over?

If this is an issue, it's quite an easy fix, actually. However...

Y'all are aware that you can save a post or thread you're writing as a draft, correct? Then, when you want to finish it, simply go into your drafts, and, voila, there it is Happy

Joe
Make a post and it is live for all to read.

Try to edit it after 30 minutes and you can't.  You can only edit a psot you made within the first 30 minutes.

Guess I just never noticed this before.
So gotta watch the drunk texting!
Ron and all....

I think this may have been corrected. I just edited a post I made almost 2 hours ago. But that may be my moderator rules status. Same 30 minute time limit for me prior to moderator promotion. Try and see what happens now. I think Joe and Gilden corrected it. Not sure though. Get back to me on this. Thanks!

Ed
Gil is working on it, guys. Easy fix. Should be remedied tomorrow. From now on, you'll have 31 minutes to edit your post/thread Tongue

Sorry for the inconvenience! Ron & others, thanks for bringing it to our attention Yes

Joe
Issue is now remedied, diggers Happy Take all the time you need to go back in & edit posts/threads. FYI...

The reason it was set at 30 minutes is because, forums are primarily communities for conversation/debate. If one can go in to a post/thread after 2 months of back & forth dialogue between members, and edit their original post, what comes after that mightn't make sense any longer. There are a few more reasons too, but, y'all get the point. However, we like to keep our diggers happy, so, go edit crazy now! Tongue

Joe
(07-08-2014 11:50 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]So gotta watch the drunk texting!

I remember that.  Looking at my phone and seeing what I wrote the night before.  And it's in writing.  You can't deny saying it.  I'm glad I don't drink anymore.
Reference URL's