Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Want some opinions please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys/gals,
Just wanted to know if anyone has "first-hand" experience with either the Teknetics
Delta 4000 and/or the Fisher F2. Looking for opinions on quality,ease of use,etc.
Any info is always appreciated!!
Thanks,
RushYes
I believe Ed (Ohio Dirt Fisher) used the Delta for a while, so, he can clue you in a bit more on it. I used the next machine up in the Teknetics line, the Omega. It was a good unit, as all of the Tek's are. Trust me, to get your feet wet, you won't go wrong with either machine. Both built by good companies. Both have pretty good depth. Both will find stuff Happy As I always say to others, most of this hobby involves finding good spots. Do that, learn your machine, and the rest will take care of itself.

Joe
I have an F2.  Its a good coin hunter.  What do you want to know about it?

Oh I see you said quality and ease of use.  I would say the F2 is built well and real easy to use.  Any specific questions I can probably answer.
(08-11-2014 06:06 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I have an F2.  Its a good coin hunter.  What do you want to know about it?

Oh I see you said quality and ease of use.  I would say the F2 is built well and real easy to use.  Any specific questions I can probably answer.

Any good for relic hunting?
RushYes
It will find anything metal.  I've mostly hunted coins with it, but I dug a lot of other stuff.  If you are hunting relics then you are digging pretty much everything.  I found the best way to use the F2 was to leave the disc wide open.  Meaning to not reject anything.  Then decide by the sound and the numbers on the screen what you want to dig.  I have dug old bullets and all kind of stuff with it.
(08-11-2014 07:10 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]It will find anything metal.  I've mostly hunted coins with it, but I dug a lot of other stuff.  If you are hunting relics then you are digging pretty much everything.  I found the best way to use the F2 was to leave the disc wide open.  Meaning to not reject anything.  Then decide by the sound and the numbers on the screen what you want to dig.  I have dug old bullets and all kind of stuff with it.

Cards!! I used the Delta for about three years and it would be a pretty good choice for relics. It's what I call an intermediate beginner machine. The build quality is pretty good and the ease of use is great, let alone it only weighs in at 2# 2oz with the 8" concentric coil.... I've found just about everything with it, gold rings, bullets (not relic), fishing weights, shotgun brass, rifle brass, door hinges, silver rings, silver coins, a horse shoe etc... So it's a good machine at a reasonable price. I lent it to my youngest son (26 years old) and he's killing the clad with it. No silver yet for him but he's just learning. I've pulled up stuff from as deep as 14" with the 13" Ultimate coil (parts of a corbel bell).
And it's pretty easy to use once you get the hang of the tones and all. I started with all metals 2 and eventually moved to discriminate with 3 tones wide open. If it's metal, it'll find it. Pin points targets very good too with the 8" concentric.

Ed
Will, Ed, excellent info! CARDS only lives about 15 minutes from both Gerry F. & I. I'm hoping he finally pulls the trigger & gets a detector, as he's going to fall in love with this hobby Yes

Joe
Reference URL's