Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Dont tell my wife! Im in love with another
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
woman!! A hot little French chick named Deus!
Love at first site man!This is going to be the perfect vlf for what I do. Friggin thing is amazing. Love how it telescopes to a compact size. Wireless phones are vool. Took her on a maiden voyage this morning to the dpot I take all my new broads. Its a narrow strip of dirt ,absolutely loaded with square nails.  Red,hot soil. Ive hit this spot dozens of times with every detector I own for the last 5 years. I did expect to pull some non ferrous stuff...but what surprised me was the ease it was too do so...couldnt believe there where that many clear signals there. I didnt even try to many iff ones,as ground is hard and dry. Ran program two. Thanks Wayne (Micheganrelichunter) for the killer deal! This issome of what popped up in quick hour hunt.pic to follow...phone problems!

[attachment=3044]
[attachment=3045]
Cool.  They look like some sweet machines.  I wonder why so many people sell them though.
my guess is they buy them to hunt parks,schools,etc. There are machines with more accurate i.d. for that. Im  strictly relic,demo and prospecting.
Congrats on the new broad!!  Your secret is safe with me as I am dating her twin sister!! Wink

In the iron, it is tough to beat.  I made a post on the Treasure Depot DEUS forum regarding the Deus and the CTX:

I love the CTX3030. You can not beat the machine for target ID both visually and with tones.

If I have total access to a site and can hunt it several times:

I usually grab the 3030 and cherry pick the site. Start with the stock coil and then get after it with a 6" coil when the targets slow down. 

I use the DEUS as a cleanup machine and it will find you more targets.

If I only have one shot at a site or I'm hunting with other DEUS users, I will probably grab the DEUS right from the Start. Fortunately my buddy Mark does not have a DEUS yet.

The DEUS vs the CTX with 6" coil is a pretty good battle in my opinion and we have compared a lot of targets, but in thick iron, the DEUS with a 9" will still outperform the 3030 with a 6" coil. The target response is so much stronger on the DEUS when in the iron. The DEUS with a 6" coil will be a razor-blade in the iron!! (6" not available yet)

And I am a MINELAB guy but if the DEUS is better in the iron, it is better in the iron.

In my soil--pretty mineralized, Minelab still has the RAW DEPTH advantage.

I like to anticipate what I am gong to dig and the Minelab has better tone and ID capabilities in my opinion so I still lean toward the CTX when checking out a new site. With the DEUS it is still some guesswork. But if I simply want to beep and dig then the DEUS is tough to beat.
I won't tell my wife either. Sad I think Ron's assessment is a first class one from what I've read and seen on the internet. Deus is a sweet machine for sure. I like the wireless and the weight. As Ron said though, it's a cleanup machine where those areas need it. Wayne (Michigan Relic Hunter) has said that the one two punch is the CTX with the Deus undercut. Being that those are the two most advanced machines out there, and your situation with relics and such, it's going to be good to see what you can turn up in those hard areas as I'm sure more than a few of us would like to know. Cherrypicker that I am, the grounds I cover have been hit so many times that someday I expect to see giant ants and worms from all the swinging we've done over them. Although I'm now a Minelab guy, and love my SE, there has to be an answer out there for us tired old swingers who've continuously covered that ground.

Hoping to see many more posts from you with what the machine can do!!!!

HH and great finds btw!

Ed
Told ya! ;-)

I love the Deus so much that I had to get a new one - it arrived the same day yours did - thank god for credit cards!!

Don't know if I'll get another ctx though - they're good machines but I'm pretty good with an etrac and being that they have waaaaay more coil options and can be had for decent prices now - I may go back to one of them. All I need on an etrac is a 4.5x7 DD Excelerator coil, a 10x14 DD Excelerator and I'm all set at that point ;-) they can even keep the stock coil!

Try that Deus in program 3? "Deus Fast" Ray - set the tones at 4 and you'll see the true speed and capabilities of that machine come alive! You'll pick coins out of iron like no tomorrow as that 4th tone is what you're looking for when it comes to most coins (copper/silver) anyway - it's how you "cherry pick" with the Deus!

Here's a pic of my new black horse I bought to ride with the deus and ctx $$ plus some! It's an F150 stepside 4x4 with the 5.4 liter - very clean for a MI truck both in/out - has 125k miles - pay no attention to that ugly mug in the photo with it!
Sweet ride Wayne! I assume you will not be using it for work. Too pretty to be getting drywall mud all over.

Up eatly,getting ready to go hit another site with the Deus...I will try program3...thanks!
(08-31-2014 12:03 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]woman!! A hot little French chick named Deus!
Love at first site man!This is going to be the perfect vlf for what I do. Friggin thing is amazing. Love how it telescopes to a compact size. Wireless phones are vool. Took her on a maiden voyage this morning to the dpot I take all my new broads. Its a narrow strip of dirt ,absolutely loaded with square nails.  Red,hot soil. Ive hit this spot dozens of times with every detector I own for the last 5 years. I did expect to pull some non ferrous stuff...but what surprised me was the ease it was too do so...couldnt believe there where that many clear signals there. I didnt even try to many iff ones,as ground is hard and dry. Ran program two. Thanks Wayne (Micheganrelichunter) for the killer deal! This issome of what popped up in quick hour hunt.pic to follow...phone problems!

Good for you, Ray! Glad you like the new mistress Happy Question...

I know you run with the Gold Bug, also. They are supposed to be one of the best in iron. Is the Deus that much better? I know it's got the wireless, it's lighter, etc., but, from an operational standpoint, is the Deus quicker? Does it handle better?

(08-31-2014 03:56 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the new broad!!  Your secret is safe with me as I am dating her twin sister!! Wink

In the iron, it is tough to beat.  I made a post on the Treasure Depot DEUS forum regarding the Deus and the CTX:

I love the CTX3030. You can not beat the machine for target ID both visually and with tones.

If I have total access to a site and can hunt it several times:

I usually grab the 3030 and cherry pick the site. Start with the stock coil and then get after it with a 6" coil when the targets slow down. 

I use the DEUS as a cleanup machine and it will find you more targets.

If I only have one shot at a site or I'm hunting with other DEUS users, I will probably grab the DEUS right from the Start. Fortunately my buddy Mark does not have a DEUS yet.

The DEUS vs the CTX with 6" coil is a pretty good battle in my opinion and we have compared a lot of targets, but in thick iron, the DEUS with a 9" will still outperform the 3030 with a 6" coil. The target response is so much stronger on the DEUS when in the iron. The DEUS with a 6" coil will be a razor-blade in the iron!! (6" not available yet)

And I am a MINELAB guy but if the DEUS is better in the iron, it is better in the iron.

In my soil--pretty mineralized, Minelab still has the RAW DEPTH advantage.

I like to anticipate what I am gong to dig and the Minelab has better tone and ID capabilities in my opinion so I still lean toward the CTX when checking out a new site. With the DEUS it is still some guesswork. But if I simply want to beep and dig then the DEUS is tough to beat.

Great review, Ron. What you described is primarily why I DON'T have, or, even need a Deus. Their expertise is in thick iron. They aren't depth machines, they're iron surgeons. Like a laser beam in trash. However...

I can count on one hand the spots that I've hunted that have heavy iron. For me, the problem is depth, and that's where the Minelabs rule the roost. Accurate target ID (especially at depth) is critical, too. So, I stick with what works for me. I have said this many times over the years...

A lot of detectorists are always looking for the 'best' machine. The one that will do it all. That machine doesn't exist...and probably never will. Rather, we need to use an amalgam of units specific to each job at hand, to achieve the desired results. Much like a carpenter has an array of tools for each specific task. He can't build an entire house with just a hammer. So to it is with detectors. I believe...

Every hunter should have 3 machines - a depth unit, an iron unit & a water unit. If you're not a water hunter, you can scratch the last one from the list. And maybe a dedicated nugget shooter if you're a gold guy. Point is...

It's important to use the right tools for the job.

Being since I don't hunt many heavy iron spots, if I do get an iron capable machine, I'd probably look at the G2. It's supposed to be fantastic in iron, and is a helluva lot cheaper than the Deus. If I was strictly a relic guy though, I'd probably HAVE to get the Deus.

(09-01-2014 02:58 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Told ya! ;-)

I love the Deus so much that I had to get a new one - it arrived the same day yours did - thank god for credit cards!!

Don't know if I'll get another ctx though - they're good machines but I'm pretty good with an etrac and being that they have waaaaay more coil options and can be had for decent prices now - I may go back to one of them. All I need on an etrac is a 4.5x7 DD Excelerator coil, a 10x14 DD Excelerator and I'm all set at that point ;-) they can even keep the stock coil!

Try that Deus in program 3? "Deus Fast" Ray - set the tones at 4 and you'll see the true speed and capabilities of that machine come alive! You'll pick coins out of iron like no tomorrow as that 4th tone is what you're looking for when it comes to most coins (copper/silver) anyway - it's how you "cherry pick" with the Deus!

Here's a pic of my new black horse I bought to ride with the deus and ctx $$ plus some! It's an F150 stepside 4x4 with the 5.4 liter - very clean for a MI truck both in/out - has 125k miles - pay no attention to that ugly mug in the photo with it!

Awesome wheels, Wayne! That bed in the back is going to be perfect to haul all of your detectors around, lol.

Joe
Reference URL's