Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: BRAND NEW DEUS - 1ST HUNT!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all - figured I'd add to the "Deus postings" since we don't have enough of them lately!! 

Been a while since I've posted anything good - it's been a dry summer here and not much action other than the occasional beach/water hunt for me 

but anyway - I sold my 1.5 yr old Deus to DeathRay and immediately replaced it with a new one and took her out on her maiden voyage over the weekend to an old vacant farm house I've had permission to hunt for a while now but had to wait for the right conditions (farmer to cut the grass and some rain)! 

Here's my "good" findings for a 4 hr hunt ;-) 

I like the WW1 eagle coat button and complete 1840s/50s 1 & 3/8" running horse W.E.B Crotal Bell 

worth mention is what seems to be 1850s/60s sterling silver girls ring (the tiny one) and the 1893 injun - there's also a burnt/crusty merc dime that I can't make the date out on ;-) 

HH all 

P.S. 
There was an 1840s/50s cabin at this site before the current farm house that was built around 1900 ;-) 

[Image: deuushunt001_zps6805584c.jpg] 

[Image: deuushunt005_zps6c1a4ff9.jpg] 

[Image: deuushunt008_zps5d739f3d.jpg] 

[Image: deuushunt004_zpsbbf2ca8d.jpg] 

[Image: deuushunt003_zpsefb92bb6.jpg] 

[Image: deuushunt007_zps43dc6fef.jpg] 

[Image: deuushunt002_zps55baece9.jpg]
Good stuff,especially like the bell. One thing that is apparent to me right away,the deus in program 2&3 likes round things. Reminds me of  vista gold in thst regard, but no comparison when it comes to the quality.  
Im going to confess right here...the one thing that kept me from getting a Deus for so long...France! The French piss me off ....but I gotta hand it to them,they made one great detector.
Sweet finds. That place must be loaded with good stuff.  Sounds like a great machine, even if it's French.
Cool finds overall Wayne! That crotal bell is outstanding. Little silver rings are the giveaway to good machines and good detectorists. Some day I'll find an IH too. I once found a .7 gram 925 lobster clasp at four inches a year or so back with the slightest beep of a signal. Somebody got the chain, I got the clasp Yes A lot of you guys out there on this forum have got some pretty good spots.

And I have a real honest to God French aunt (originally from Marseille) who's now in her 90's and sadly, fading fast. Man could she make the best pork chop dinner! I don't care where the machines are made as long as they do what they say they can do.

I still dream about a Deus. Good luck up there buddy!!!!!

Ed

ps.... Nice truck! My 98 F150 has 196,000 + miles and is still a workhorse. She ain't as pretty as yours because "Rust Never Sleeps", but she runs like a "Deere".....
Nice finds!

Very cool bell.  I love those but rarely find 'em.

OK  Anyone know what the "screwdriver" handle looking thing is for?

My guess is that it is hollow and is threaded on the inside.  A handle to something but what??
(09-01-2014 07:09 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Nice finds!

Very cool bell.  I love those but rarely find 'em.

OK  Anyone know what the "screwdriver" handle looking thing is for?

My guess is that it is hollow and is threaded on the inside.  A handle to something but what??

Ron,

That's an air valve cover for a Ford T model tire.
http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/107

Ed
Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Ray - you hit it on the $$

the Deus loves "roundness"! You can even hear that it's round!

It'll have you diggin TINY stuff too -- should be good for those little gold nuggets you're hiding out there!

Listen for the faint deep sounding signals -- they'll either be tiny objects OR very deep coins/etc.

I have dug 2 Largies at 12" no problem - you just gotta get used to what she's tellin ya and you'll dig some deepies ;-)

Good luck out there with your new found toy and post up some good stuff!
Ron,

That's an air valve cover for a Ford T model tire.
http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/107

Ed

Sweet ID--Thanks  

We find those from time to time and never took the time to research it much but now I don't have to!!  Thanks again and great ID !!
Nice stuff,congrats!
(09-01-2014 03:21 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all - figured I'd add to the "Deus postings" since we don't have enough of them lately!! 

Been a while since I've posted anything good - it's been a dry summer here and not much action other than the occasional beach/water hunt for me 

but anyway - I sold my 1.5 yr old Deus to DeathRay and immediately replaced it with a new one and took her out on her maiden voyage over the weekend to an old vacant farm house I've had permission to hunt for a while now but had to wait for the right conditions (farmer to cut the grass and some rain)! 

Here's my "good" findings for a 4 hr hunt ;-) 

I like the WW1 eagle coat button and complete 1840s/50s 1 & 3/8" running horse W.E.B Crotal Bell 

worth mention is what seems to be 1850s/60s sterling silver girls ring (the tiny one) and the 1893 injun - there's also a burnt/crusty merc dime that I can't make the date out on ;-) 

HH all 

P.S. 
There was an 1840s/50s cabin at this site before the current farm house that was built around 1900 ;-) 

[Image: deuushunt001_zps6805584c.jpg] 

[Image: deuushunt005_zps6c1a4ff9.jpg] 

[Image: deuushunt008_zps5d739f3d.jpg] 

[Image: deuushunt004_zpsbbf2ca8d.jpg] 

[Image: deuushunt003_zpsefb92bb6.jpg] 

[Image: deuushunt007_zps43dc6fef.jpg] 

[Image: deuushunt002_zps55baece9.jpg]

SUPER FANTASTIC, Wayne!!! I love me crotal bells!!! That one is VERY ornate, which means the owners of it must've had some $$$. Great digs! If I had me some heavy iron spots, I'd SURELY have the Deus. There's simply nothing like it. Gotta hand it to all of these overseas manufacturers, as they listen to what we want and GIVE IT TO US! Yes

(09-01-2014 05:47 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Good stuff,especially like the bell. One thing that is apparent to me right away,the deus in program 2&3 likes round things. Reminds me of  vista gold in thst regard, but no comparison when it comes to the quality.  
Im going to confess right here...the one thing that kept me from getting a Deus for so long...France! The French piss me off ....but I gotta hand it to them,they made one great detector.

Ray, c'mon, French fries, French kisses, Pepe Lepew...how can you hate the French?!

Now, those polaks? Don't even get me started. JUST KIDDING! Tongue

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's