Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silvers #30, 31 & 32!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I know these aren't oldies but they're silver so here goes. Spent the late afternoon tromping around the woods looking for old trails near an abandoned sports field. Upon one of the suspected trails I found a boatload of old buried beer cans. Now I know from vast experience that after a few beers things tend to get fuzzy and stuff gets misplaced, lost etc.... so using that knowledge I turned up the sense and the gain and slowwwwed dowwwwnnnn. Much to my surprise I came to a signal that was strange to say the least. I had 5-29, 1-29, 3-29 and a whole lot of in between with a strong high tone but a big spot. So I'm thinking, well, okay, two beer cans.... so I dig it. Now the pinpointer is not showing me a beer can in the hole. It's giving me a tight point in between two roots about four inches down. Ground is like butter so I finger the area out with a gloved hand. Now I have a clump of moist dirt/mud in my hand. Pinpointer says something's in there. And out comes two Rosies, a 57 and a 62, stuck together by mud face to face.

Now any detectorist worth his salt knows that when you have 2 coins in a hole and the signal numbers don't add up, you re-sweep the hole. Sure enough 3 inches to the right edge of the hole there's a strong 3-29 signal with high tone. I dig a wide plug, pop it and there is another Rosie sitting happily for me in the damp dirt/mud.

And there you have it. Ohh... and I forgot, Beer there was a 45 and 40 Wheat in separate locations about 5 to 6 feet away.

So keep an eye out for those old beer cans fellas!!!

Have a great time and Happy Hunting out there!!!!

Ed
Man that`s an awesome catch ... like 2 fish on one hook.
some of those strange bouncy signals seem to throw some good stuff out the hole.
after a great day like that it woulda been nice if one of those beers came out the hole ice cold for ya ....
bet that blew your mind to pull the kissing rosie`s ...

great job Ed...

H.H.
BONES ...
I always resweep a hole.  No matter what.  Great finds Ed.  I'd be happy with 3 silver dimes any day.  All in the same spot that's awesome.
Ed, nice group of Rosies ! I too always look around for old bottles and cans for a sign of activity.
(09-17-2014 09:06 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Man that`s an awesome catch ... like 2 fish on one hook.
some of those strange bouncy signals seem to throw some good stuff out the hole.
after a great day like that it woulda been nice if one of those beers came out the hole ice cold for ya ....
bet that blew your mind to pull the kissing rosie`s ...

great job Ed...

H.H.
BONES ...

Kissing Rosies!!! LMAO!!! Never thought of that!!! Thanks BONES!!!

Ed
Way to go on the silver Ohio!
very nice finds there ..iv always said if your out a silver comes up imo
thats a good day Yes

i wish our silver was minted as late as yours....

once again well found 3 very nice looking coins Yes

GL&HH
Nice and we should always re-check our holesHappy
Reference URL's