Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Silver #38 & 39, IH # 1& 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I'm still loving the woods!!! Got out this morning late and 1/2 hour in stumbled across a very odd signal. Luckily it was a dense peat cover and I was able to push the pinpointer into the peat a good 3 or 4 inches to see what I could get. Got a small spot with it and dug out a 1901 IH. Re-swept the area, about 1 square foot, got a solid 28. Did a repeat with the pinpointer and out pops a 1907 Barber quarter, just under a 3" surface root. Did another re-sweep and got an odd 7-29, 30 signal, real high tone, about four inches from where the Barber was. Out pops another IH, this one a barely legible 1904. By this time it's raining cats and dogs and I'm 500 feet from the truck deep in the woods so I hightail it back as best I can and sit it out, eat my lunch, and plan my next move.

I walk the grass strip about 1000 feet down from the parking area and enter the woods from the opposite side I had started with and work my way back to the truck zig zagging the open areas. I get between two large pines and pow, tight high tone 3-29. Before I even dig it, I know it's a Rosie. Spot it with the pinpointer. Glove it out of the peat. That dig I shot a pic with the phone but it came out like crap. Too dark from the rain overcast and I couldn't get a good steady shot.

The shotgun brass was 5 feet from the Rosie and I found two downed rotted trees with makeshift wooden ladder treads still attached and some strewn on the ground from the tree fall about 50' away.

All in all a good day in the woods. These are my first IH finds and I thought I would never find them.

Have a great time out there this weekend and HH!!!

Ed

Oh... And I got completely SOAKED by heavy rains twice! And found two more abandoned trails and one campsite. I am one happy swinger!!!
WOW !!! really nice finds .
that 07 barber is sweet , as is all the rest.

really nice finds Ed
Awesome hunt Ed.  Not one Injun, but two and a big barber.  Congrats on the first and second Injuns.
TERRIFIC, Ed! I was starting to think you'd NEVER dig an Indian! Tongue As I always say, if one finds silver quarters in a spot nowadays, you can be SURE it wasn't searched effectively, or hasn't been hunted in a looong time. Due to their size, they're mighty hard to miss, so, there's probably a LOT more they walked over, too Wink

Send some of that rain over here, cowboy. It is getting desperately dry here!

Congrats on scalping your first injuns!!!

Joe
Thanks guys! I was surprised to say the least. This area was once hunted and there's a main trunk natural gas line that runs through it. I found the gas line easily. Something like somebody buried a whole shitload of subway cars 2 feet deep. I have to go over that area with sense at 1 or 2 in case later stuff was dropped. The 07 Barber and IH's were 10 feet from that gas line. They could have been dropped by a hunter or a workman taking a dump in the woods. I have to research timelines as to when the line was installed and when hunting was stopped in the area. Sometimes this gets to be very interesting stuff. And the area otherwise is headphone silent with little to no nulling and just the faint hum of the threshold. Oh, and "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head." Dear God, I love it.

Ed
Nice digs Ohio Yes

Beer
(10-03-2014 09:41 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys! I was surprised to say the least. This area was once hunted and there's a main trunk natural gas line that runs through it. I found the gas line easily. Something like somebody buried a whole shitload of subway cars 2 feet deep. I have to go over that area with sense at 1 or 2 in case later stuff was dropped. The 07 Barber and IH's were 10 feet from that gas line. They could have been dropped by a hunter or a workman taking a dump in the woods. I have to research timelines as to when the line was installed and when hunting was stopped in the area. Sometimes this gets to be very interesting stuff. And the area otherwise is headphone silent with little to no nulling and just the faint hum of the threshold. Oh, and "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head." Dear God, I love it.

Ed

DON'T HIT THAT GAS LINE ED, WE NEED YOU HERE!!!

Joe
(10-03-2014 09:59 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2014 09:41 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys! I was surprised to say the least. This area was once hunted and there's a main trunk natural gas line that runs through it. I found the gas line easily. Something like somebody buried a whole shitload of subway cars 2 feet deep. I have to go over that area with sense at 1 or 2 in case later stuff was dropped. The 07 Barber and IH's were 10 feet from that gas line. They could have been dropped by a hunter or a workman taking a dump in the woods. I have to research timelines as to when the line was installed and when hunting was stopped in the area. Sometimes this gets to be very interesting stuff. And the area otherwise is headphone silent with little to no nulling and just the faint hum of the threshold. Oh, and "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head." Dear God, I love it.

Ed

DON'T HIT THAT GAS LINE ED, WE NEED YOU HERE!!!

Joe

Joe,

If I do, you'll know it. Last time anybody hit one of those bad boys, down there in the great state of Texas, they couldn't find the men, backhoe, trailer, and the dump truck after it was put out. BOOM Shaka Laka!!!! And away they went. Try not to smoke either. J.I.C.

Ed
Sweet Barber quarter!! Nice going!
Great finds. It would be cool to find what that cop ditched  
And take him down with it.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's