Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: good to be back finding gold rush history
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally got to swing a machine for the first timein a long time last week, summertime is the busy season at work and I seldom get to go out much, and some of the landowners of sites I hit are also gone in the summer. .. but last week I headed out to a local site that was being demoed.  A little dissapointimg because the demo that occured right across the way gave up lots of seateds and a bust. But for an hour hunt I can't complain I got my first ever fatty indian head (1858) too bad its in terrible shape took me days to get a date, I also found a nice bullet I believe its a 58 cal. (Bullet guys feel free to educate me as I'm not too knowlegeable in that department all I know is that sob would ruin your day if you got smacked with it) I also puled up a lid that has a design on it but its also in terrible shape and I'm unable to get a good look at it but its deffinitely gold rush era.  Anhow its good to be back and thanks for lookin
[attachment=3610][attachment=3611]
Nice relics . love the minie ...
Nice digs--congrats on your first fatty!!  Like finding those as it dates the site to the period I like hunting!

Nice old bullet too!!
Great finds.  Glad you are getting back out there.  Try a little electrolysis on that Indian.  Should take the crud right off.
Fatties are DIFFICULT to find! Good job. I've never had much luck at tear-outs. I normally just get a bunch of iron. So, you're ahead of the curve!

Joe
Nice hunt there mountaingoat! I am as uneducated on fatties as you are on mini's (and I don't know much about that either)! Guess I'm going to have to do some research this winter. But the date is a real kick in the head. Very nice find!

Ed
Very cool, "period" stuff.
Congrats!
Nice finds
Reference URL's