Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A new site i can detect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend offered me a site to detect he owns it and it has Indian mounds on it and he heard the civil war Army marched through the are the down side is I have to wait till deer season is over.
very cool, sounds like it could be a great place to detect.
Sweet.  Who knows what you might find there.
Sounds great!  Good Luck and keep your eyes open for arrow heads etc.
That's great Sam!! What I do at new sites is go all over the place first and see where I get the most signal. Then I go back to those areas and hunt them thoroughly, sometimes three or four times. Good luck!! Yes Sounds like a promising adventure that you and your son can enjoy! I know about deer and turkey season here. No different. I wear Safety Yellow hoodies and make a lot of noise. I might get shot as a genetically altered squirrel, I dig so much!!!

Ed
I would ask if the owner knew any history of exact places, camps sites ,battle sites ,home fronts etc ,then work from there. Most of the time if the owner has owned it for a long time they have lots of helpful info. I have a 300+ acre farm I have permission to hunt the owner has showed me where the old houses were as well as where they dredged for gravel out of the river years ago. Only bad thing is in the summer the mosquito's will almost carry you off, not to mention the snakes, but I have found some cool things there.
Mosquitoes I can deal with. The snakes I cut a wide path for.
I carry a .38 with snake shot but haven't had to use it, I'm more of a leave them be if possible kind of guy.
Reference URL's