Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Here's my weekend..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is nothing compared to some of the latest threads...Wow you Guys & Gals have some great finds.

Got out to a Confederate gathering area prior to a battle.(what would you call that?)
The Trigger Guard is something I should post on what is it.
I feel it may be from a 1857 Enfield. It's not stamped on the piece I have. If you know let me know.
HH
Well, I'd be THRILLED finding just one of those giant 3 ringers. Never got one. Tough to find around here up North. That's the beauty of this hobby, everyone's great finds are different. What some of us find, would be very difficult for another to dig up. Case in point, I highly doubt I'll ever find a gold nugget here, yet, the guys out west might have a tough time finding colonial coinage out that way. Gotta deal with the hands we've been dealt. Great bullets!

Joe
Yeah those are some awesome digs.  I would also love to dig a 3 ringer.
really nice group of finds. looks like a sweet spot you have
those are some amazing finds.
Nice finds
Me too on the Three Ringer 1 Agil. I don't think I'll ever find one of those up North here, although I have run across deer slugs. Nice finds!! Yes I think they call it a "staging" area?

Ed
(10-21-2014 04:05 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Me too on the Three Ringer 1 Agil. I don't think I'll ever find one of those up North here, although I have run across deer slugs. Nice finds!! Yes I think they call it a "staging" area?

Ed

Ah...gezzz yeah a Staging area, Thanks
nice finds!Good site there!
Cool digs. 

Looks like a promising site Yes

HH
Big lead is always a kick to find.

Not sure your trigger guard is off an enfield.  They were not as wide or tapered as much,

Almost appears to be off an old flintlock type gun as they had the wider trigger guards that tapered down.  maybe an old Springfield musket

Which makes sense as the confederates used the old hunting muskets as their firearm in the war.

hard to tell without seeing the transition from the curved trigger guard to the flat part ( turn it over and take a picture)
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's