Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What's with the Tree Pennies!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, here's the situation: 2 weeks ago I found two trees about 12' apart, both with five copper memorials, then another tree with five memorials the next day about 100' from where I found that 35 Walker and 42 Washington on the same hunt. About 2 months ago, as I can recall, I found a tree in the middle of the woods with five copper memorials, 6 miles from those three trees. And yesterday, about 2 miles from where I found the three trees, I found another 2 trees with five pennies each, 3 of them being zinc. And all of these pennies were down at least four inches and scattered about the base of each tree. What gives???? Was a years gone by detectorist leaving a signature? Did somebody drop their pants and get relief and lose pennies? This is real strange in my book. I'm all over the woods and I'm certain somebodys' been there before. But when I find that silver, like I did, it makes me wonder. Any ideas on this or any related experience? Have you found strange coincidental things in your hunts?

Ed
Did you see The Blair Witch Project?

That's a bit creepy.....
(10-25-2014 09:39 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]Did you see The Blair Witch Project?

That's a bit creepy.....

Geesh, you just made me feel ancient! Lol. I saw it the same day it opened in Manhattan. Lines were snaked around the block, it was crazy. As for the flick, eh, pretty intense, but can't hold a candle to the most petrifying horror film of all time IMO, the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I still shit my pants everytime I watch that flick!

Joe
Ed, I was looking for an article I saw online recently about a detectorist who found a cache of about 10,000 pennies at the base of an old tree, but couldn't find it. I'll track it down eventually. Did find this article though. QUITE bizarre!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-sick.html

Joe
Hey Joe!! That's pretty cool!!! Maybe that's part of the reason for some of these finds!!

Ed
(10-25-2014 09:51 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2014 09:39 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]Did you see The Blair Witch Project?

That's a bit creepy.....

Geesh, you just made me feel ancient! Lol. I saw it the same day it opened in Manhattan. Lines were snaked around the block, it was crazy. As for the flick, eh, pretty intense, but can't hold a candle to the most petrifying horror film of all time IMO, the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I still shit my pants everytime I watch that flick!

Joe

Joe!  Horror flicks are my thing!  The original TCM with Leatherface!  Awesome movie!  I saw the Blair movie when it first came out.  Brilliant idea.
(10-25-2014 10:01 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Joe!! That's pretty cool!!! Maybe that's part of the reason for some of these finds!!

Ed

Could be, anything is possible. I need to hunt down that other article though, as it fits more closely with the thread. I just saw the piece above though, and was fascinated. Your experience has me stumped. Could be kids horsing around, a lone pisser in the woods, etc. Odd, for sure.

Joe
After reading that article the question is, did you keep the coins?  You may have just reversed someones wish.
(10-25-2014 10:07 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]After reading that article the question is, did you keep the coins?  You may have just reversed someones wish.

That is a good question! And the article has my mind racing! Could you imagine coming across an old tree studded with wheats, mercuries, barbers & seateds?!?! Not as fun as digging them maybe, but I'd be out there through the night plucking them bad boys out!!!!!

Joe
(10-25-2014 10:12 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2014 10:07 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]After reading that article the question is, did you keep the coins?  You may have just reversed someones wish.

That is a good question! And the article has my mind racing! Could you imagine coming across an old tree studded with wheats, mercuries, barbers & seateds?!?! Not as fun as digging them maybe, but I'd be out there through the night plucking them bad boys out!!!!!

Joe

Oh yeah, I kept them. After tromping around the woods for hours on end, I'm keeping anything I find as long as they'll let me. And I'm with you Joe. If people have fond beliefs that are fanciful and not based on fact, then I'm there pulling them from the wood too! You want to leave silver and gold in a tree in the woods because you "HOPE" your wish will come true, then you really are delusional. Magic is still magic and Tinker Bell may live under the elusive Chanterelles, but 2+2 still equals 4 and you simply can't beat the math.

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's