Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will high winds mess with your signals or will fertilizer I detected in a cow pastor where a 1920s house stood and I got signals but it was hard to pinpoint the field was just sprayed also.
wind doesn't affect your signals

wet ground does sometimes (some machines more than others)

the Deus is one that wet ground does affect it (more so if the coil gets wet) like when hunting in the morning and the grass is wet from a cool night (dew on the grass)

but

it could be other things --- if there's a lot of scrap/metal in the ground or very high iron/mineral content, etc. that will cause your machine to not be able to pinpoint very well and/or false

Hot rocks are another one that cause you to not be able to pinpoint -- the Deus is notorious for picking up on hot rocks and they sound really good too! Problem is - you can't pinpoint them... With time/experience you will come to know when you're hitting on a hot rock though - they make a certain sound that give them away.
(10-27-2014 05:57 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]wind doesn't affect your signals

wet ground does sometimes (some machines more than others)

the Deus is one that wet ground does affect it (more so if the coil gets wet) like when hunting in the morning and the grass is wet from a cool night (dew on the grass)

but

it could be other things --- if there's a lot of scrap/metal in the ground or very high iron/mineral content, etc. that will cause your machine to not be able to pinpoint very well and/or false

Hot rocks are another one that cause you to not be able to pinpoint -- the Deus is notorious for picking up on hot rocks and they sound really good too! Problem is - you can't pinpoint them... With time/experience you will come to know when you're hitting on a hot rock though - they make a certain sound that give them away.
That sounds like the old analog Whites machines and hot rocks.  They hit hard in disc mode and not at all in all metal.  They make a very distinctive boing sound though.  Doesn't take long to learn that sound on those machines.

(10-27-2014 06:38 AM)samrussell Wrote: [ -> ]Will high winds mess with your signals or will fertilizer I detected in a cow pastor where a 1920s house stood and I got signals but it was hard to pinpoint the field was just sprayed also.

Try turning down the sensitivity.  Or turn the disc off to hear everything.  Is there an electric fence or power lines over head?
Yes there was an electronic fence but I thought I was far enough way maybe I wasn't
(10-27-2014 11:30 PM)samrussell Wrote: [ -> ]Yes there was an electronic fence but I thought I was far enough way maybe I wasn't

Hold your coil up in the air. If there is electrical interference try turning down the sens. If there isn't noise with the coil in the air then it is something in the ground. Are you using discrimination? Disced out objects will give false high signals. Dig repeatable tones. Using discrimination will most likely decrease your detection depth also.
Reference URL's