Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: today's hunt. colonial copper and more keepers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey folks. Got out for an hour in loyalist field #1. Right off the bat, I nabbed two coppers. One was unrecognizable and the other is a 1784 French Sol. Kept trucking along and out comes a 1901 IH. Then it was a 184? US LC, which I don't have a pic or video of. It's soaking at the moment. The Canadian Machine Gun Corp shoulder flash polished off the day. Thanks for looking guys and HH

[Image: 14151458164860_zps8m903esi.jpg]

[Image: 14151458385491_zps84i1gkdl.jpg]

[Image: 14151458553332_zpsemraecya.jpg]

[Image: 14151458682073_zpsdpl0w23x.jpg]

[Image: 14151458813074_zpsddkcer40.jpg]
Very nice Yes

Looks like a great place to hunt

post a pic of the LC when you can!

Beer
Congrats on the oldies!!
Look like a great place, lots of history there. When you dug the machine gun pin did you know what it was or did you have to research it?
Thanks guys.  Still no. Luck with the LC. Gonna cook it in electrolysis when I get a chance. I had no idea what the shoulder flash was. It was caked in mud. I thought for a second that it was a reed from a musical instrument lol. Cleaned it up and researched it. Lots of info online. Still nothing off of the other toasted copper. Found out from a reputable seasoned detectorist on another forum, that the 1784 Sol is scarce over here. Was told that this variety is the only example he has seen dug. So happy to have it!!
Really nice bunch of finds Relic!! Yes Looking forward to seeing that large cent after electrolysis!! Not a bad hunt with that one of a kind find on the French sol.

Ed
Great finds.  You got all that in 1 hour?  Must be an amazing field.
Lol yeah its pretty amazing. I pulled 11 old coppers from that field in the spring, ranging from cartwheel pennies, mid to late 1700's half pennies, tokens,  to an 1859 Indian head. I know there's more in there. I just never have enough time to slow down or dig iffy signals.
Beautiful array of finds!!! Looks like you've got a hot spot on your hands Happy I'm sure you'll bd posting more goodies soon Yes

Joe
Congrats on your finds, looks like you have a great spot to hunt.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's