Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Most Productive Hunting Time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a hot button topic. As many of us are familiar with, detectors tend to operate better in the mornings or late evenings, as there is less output interferences from cell phone towers, antennas, nearby homes & businesses, etc. I would have to agree that my detector tends to be more 'in the zone' first thing in the a.m., 6 to about 10. I haven't done any scientific testing on this of course, but it seems as though I get more depth & added performance during this time. Do you feel your detector operates better within certain hours?

Joe
I've never noticed.
(11-06-2014 07:40 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I've never noticed.

Next time you're out in the early morning, try to remember and see if you notice a difference. I've known some guys that will ONLY go out in the mornings, or early evenings because of this.

Joe
It does make sense.
I haven't notice any difference in time of day but, if it's rained and the ground is soaked I get deeper signals.
(11-06-2014 08:05 PM)biggredd1972@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't notice any difference in time of day but, if it's rained and the ground is soaked I get deeper signals.

I love going out in the rain biggredd! Or just after a good rain. I find all kinds of stuff after and during a rain.

Ed

(11-06-2014 07:29 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]This is a hot button topic. As many of us are familiar with, detectors tend to operate better in the mornings or late evenings, as there is less output interferences from cell phone towers, antennas, nearby homes & businesses, etc. I would have to agree that my detector tends to be more 'in the zone' first thing in the a.m., 6 to about 10. I haven't done any scientific testing on this of course, but it seems as though I get more depth & added performance during this time. Do you feel your detector operates better within certain hours?

Joe

Joe,

I haven't really noticed a difference. I know that power lines and traffic light control boxes can drive my machine crazy even with noise cancel, but never noticed much else chatter any time during the day unless I'm near those sources.

Ed
I do have one local school I go to that someone around there uses a CB or HAM radio drives my machine nuts. sometimes i can hear them through my headphones.
I tend to like the mornings better, maybe because I am not tried and ready to hunt. Also after a good rain with the ground softer I always do better. But if the person I am detecting with is finding more/better stuff than me I know I need to slow down and get back on track.
I havent noticed a detecting difference during any times, but i prefer the mornings.
i seem to swing slower and more focused.
Reference URL's