Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: CTX W/stock coil is smokin the Deus w/9" in the iron
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been hunting 2 sites (an 1840s/50s and an 1880s/90s site nearly overlapping each other) for the past week with the CTX 3030 in a field where I used the Deus 4 or 5 times until the point that it (the Deus) wasn't producing anything more than iron signals while using 3 different Programs

I am really REALLY starting to like this CTX more so than I 1st thought I did! ---- I have about 500 hrs use on it now (since last spring) VS a good 1000 hrs with the Deus in 2 yrs

I couldn't find a single thing in either site with the Deus the last 2 times I took it in there so I decided to try the CTX with stock coil and for the past week my efforts have paid off pretty good (as shown below)

Haven't found anything mind blowing but the fact that I've pulled 12 buttons (1 very tiny one) 3 coins, and some other very tiny items in the mix of machine gun iron at depths approaching 10" with the CTX AFTER the Deus quit finding anything at all - is absolutely astounding in my opinion!

1889 Injun
dateless Fatty Injun 
Civil war store card

12 Buttons INC. a Colonial Tombac which is almost unheard of here in Michigan ;-)
(the squashed button has an eagle on it but is in such bad cond. I can't make much out on it although I believe it is "pre-civil war" from the design of the eagle - most likely militia)!

and some misc. snaps, etc.

[Image: ctxf001_zps96c76296.jpg]

[Image: ctxf002_zps84beb470.jpg]

[Image: ctxf003_zps0e7ce09c.jpg]

[Image: ctxf009_zps751367c5.jpg]

[Image: ctxf005_zps7efc9575.jpg]

[Image: ctxf004_zpsf4c59411.jpg]

[Image: ctxf007_zps72d911d3.jpg]

[Image: ctxf006_zpsc545ad49.jpg]

[Image: ctxf008_zpsa0cdc002.jpg]
HOLEY SHEEP SHEET !!! and a WOW !!!

youve been sneakin into my site haven`t you ...
man that is a lot of buttons, that is very interesting about the DEUS vs CTX
i have been trying to figure out what machine to get next. and as i have posted i work around a ton of iron in most my spots.
what are you doing to pick between the iron so well. i use the Etrac,
does the CTX work in iron in a way the Etac don`t ?

Man those are some sweet finds,
got a handful of very nice buttons there.

VERY NICE ...
Wayne, STUNNING finds!!! I just sent you a PM. Amazing what the stock coil can do on the CTX!!! Did you try the smaller coil on it?

Joe
WTG Wayne!!! Very nice finds!! Your post is helping me make a decision for this Spring of 2015. A big THANK YOU!YesBeer

Ed
I would say you have that CTX tuned in just right. Super nice finds.
(11-10-2014 07:35 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]WTG Wayne!!! Very nice finds!! Your post is helping me make a decision for this Spring of 2015. A big THANK YOU!YesBeer

Ed

Think that`s a seller for me to.
Got your eyeballs on a CTX as well Ed ... ???
Hey Bones

Thanks for the praise

As I've said before

The key to running an Etrac in iron is the 4.5x7" DD Excelerator coil, a wide open screen with absolute zero discrimination using multi tones or 4TF with deep off, fast on and a slow sweep speed

I've been hunting iron for a long while and having come from using an Etrac in iron to the CTX it's almost too easy. 

And it's not that the Deus didn't find it's share on the site/s or isn't a great machine because it did and it is but the CTX picks up where the Deus leave off so to speak.
Thank you .
i have the 8x6 SEF arriving tomorrow for the Etrac.
should i drop the sens way down to help pick through the iron.
(11-10-2014 07:57 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you .
i have the 8x6 SEF arriving tomorrow for the Etrac.
should i drop the sens way down to help pick through the iron.

I'd run the sens as high as you can Bones

Check it in auto and if it's running in the 20s then I'd run auto plus 3
(11-10-2014 07:40 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2014 07:35 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]WTG Wayne!!! Very nice finds!! Your post is helping me make a decision for this Spring of 2015. A big THANK YOU!YesBeer

Ed

Think that`s a seller for me to.
Got your eyeballs on a CTX as well Ed ... ???
BONES,

Here's the way I see it. I have an SE Pro, have made a bunch of fabulous finds with it from where I'm at location and history wise. The Etrac, which Minelab has not yet discontinued, has been one of their most popular detectors. So I look at it like the Etrac is the notched up version of the SE Pro from a technology standpoint, and the CTX is the technology notched up like the Etrac was to the SE Pro. If you get my logic. Ron has told me the weight issue isn't that bad because of the balance of the machine. I swing my SE now like it was a wooden walking stick. So I don't see that as an issue. I really don't care about learning curves either for the projected jump because I'll learn and understand the unit pretty much before I get one. That's just the way I am. All in all, nothing against the Deus, as it is a fine machine, but reality around these neck of the woods says CTX.

Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's