Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Getting started again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(11-15-2014 10:22 AM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]Another type of detector that may fit your intended hunting style could be one of the White's machines with the Spectragraph feature , perhaps a used DFX or XLT closet queen. They show up occasionally at reduced prices and although not the deepest machines , in the hands of an experienced operator who knows how to tweek them , they can be very effective trash pickers.

http://www.treasureclassifieds.com/metal...m-xlt_i901

DFX goes deeper than most think it does 

it's all in the "settings"

and

it's a KILLER machine on rings (again - it's all in the settings)  Yes

Beer
Sounds like you got the bug and are ready to go. There are lots of Christmas specials on new ones right now. Otherwise I would suggest buying as good used upper class at a cheaper price. Not the best time for detecting here as the ground is froze for atleast 5 months. So lots of time to look and save up for spring
Steve
If it's warm enough down there and you only have enough money for an inexpensive detector right now go ahead and get one. Have fun with it till you can get something else. Any detector will find stuff and if you're into it you will have fun swinging any machine. It's all about having fun anyway.
Now is the time to buy used, if you choose to go that route Wink A lot of guys can't swing due to the bad weather in many states, and get rid of non-used units. Additionally, many sell off their machines to free up cash for the holidays and long winter off-season. Keep an eye on our classifieds here, Craigslist & ebay. I'm sure you'll see tons of great deals popping up Yes

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's