Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: VA whatsits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It looks like you did some digging.
The big round heavy circle, is the groove in it angled in? Like looking straight on at the groove is at like a V shape? Many many many old cars had a harmonic balancer bolted to the crankshaft that also doubled as a pulley, and they were insulated from the crankshaft with a bit of rubber. The rubber may have rotted away and left you with the outer edge of an old engine crankshaft pulley. Again just taking a wild guess here, because one of your finds appears to be the top part of an engine dip stick.
You could be right.  I don't remember exactly what it looked like, but that makes sense.  I found that over a year ago.  Pretty sure I threw it away.
(07-15-2013 01:34 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I found something that resembles a piece of horseshoe.  Some kind of buckle looking thing that I think is copper.  A big heavy metal donut looking thing.  Any help?
I see two metal washers, a buckle from a harness of some kind, something that looks like it came off a harrow, the square nail. but that round iron piece with a groove going round it ..?  seen one a few times but can't recall where or on what.
I agree, the big round object appears to be a car part that a belt went around.
i also see the top handle to an oil or tranny dip stick. could have also went to a piece of farm equipment like a tractor if working a field or similar area .
not sure of the age or type of car they may have come from, you can often clean some of the larger parts to get a part number, may help in IDing it.
looks like you had a good day digging ....
nice finds ...

H.H.
BONES ..
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's