Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Ketchup Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-01-2014 10:07 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Hey that's cool Ed. Yours the one on the left?

Yep! Don't mind the messy desk. I clean it about every three months. YesChuckle
Just updated original post.
interesting read, they have been around for quite some time, pretty interesting find.
told ya it was better than my tin chicken ... ChuckleYes
That is real interesting. You hold in your hand a piece of Americana that you now know the history of. One of the things I love about detecting is the discovery of what has been. Yes Something you would have never known without a detector.
(12-10-2014 10:07 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]That is real interesting. You hold in your hand a piece of Americana that you now know the history of. One of the things I love about detecting is the discovery of what has been. Yes Something you would have never known without a detector.

Yeah Ed. I love these little history lessons learned from finds. They said the family store was on Arch St. I think that store is still there. (Different name now of course) If it's the same place I'm thinking of I lived about a block away from it when I was a kid and used to walk over to that store.

Nope I just looked it up and the store I was thinking of wasn't built until 1895. The Cruikshank's store opened in 1844.
Most of us here (or many of us anyway)

remember using ketchup bottles just like that when we were kids Tongue
(12-11-2014 09:07 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Most of us here (or many of us anyway)

Oh yeah! I still vividly remember as a kid when the seltzer man used to come around in his truck. We used to get the seltzer in the glass jars with the pump on top. We also used to get Fox's U-bet syrup, too. Add the seltzer, the U-bet and a little milk, and you had a GREAT egg cream!!! Had to be U-bet's though. We tried Bosco and other syrups, and while they were good, U-bet's was hands-down the best.

We also used to have an old timer who came around in a truck sharpening tools. Then we had another guy who used to sell knishes out of a little pushcart.

A long gone era Sad Archie Bunker was right...

Those WERE the days Yes

Joe
(12-10-2014 10:03 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]interesting read, they have been around for quite some time, pretty interesting find.
told ya it was better than my tin chicken ... ChuckleYes

Yeah I guess you were right Bones. A bottle cap can actually be a pretty cool find.

(12-11-2014 02:26 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2014 09:07 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Most of us here (or many of us anyway)

Oh yeah! I still vividly remember as a kid when the seltzer man used to come around in his truck. We used to get the seltzer in the glass jars with the pump on top. We also used to get Fox's U-bet syrup, too. Add the seltzer, the U-bet and a little milk, and you had a GREAT egg cream!!! Had to be U-bet's though. We tried Bosco and other syrups, and while they were good, U-bet's was hands-down the best.

We also used to have an old timer who came around in a truck sharpening tools. Then we had another guy who used to sell knishes out of a little pushcart.

A long gone era Sad Archie Bunker was right...

Those WERE the days Yes

Joe

I don't remember any of that stuff. You must really be old Joe.

I remember the big fat glass Heinz bottles. The little restaurant ones are more like those old ones in the picture. They still make those ones.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's