Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: #59 War Nickel, 29 Buff & Doorknob #4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-15-2014 10:15 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]You think about trying your Teknetics with the DD there in the iron? Probably a faster response on that one.

That's actually a good idea Will. But first I have to get it back from my son!!! He's been tooling around with the 13" Ultimate in the Cleveland Parks. Our schedules don't coincide.
(12-15-2014 10:18 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2014 10:15 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]You think about trying your Teknetics with the DD there in the iron? Probably a faster response on that one.

That's actually a good idea Will. But first I have to get it back from my son!!! He's been tooling around with the 13" Ultimate in the Cleveland Parks. Our schedules don't coincide.

Is he doing any good with it?
(12-15-2014 11:17 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2014 10:18 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]

Is he doing any good with it?

No, not really. Digs a lot of bottle caps and can slaw. Some clad. Those parks have been hit by TEAMS of guys. I gave up on them. But they're close for him with his limited time. We rarely get a chance to connect where he can hunt where I do.
I wonder if it's the same team of guys that have run through the parks here with CTXs. I've read about them online and heard from eyewitnesses. They plow through crisscrossing each other picking out all the goods and leaving mole hills. That's what I've heard at least. And they brag of digging over 2000 silvers in the city parks here this summer. His time situation sounds alot like mine. This is probably why I have dug 3 silvers this year. Lack of time and targets.
(12-16-2014 12:44 AM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if it's the same team of guys that have run through the parks here with CTXs. I've read about them online and heard from eyewitnesses. They plow through crisscrossing each other picking out all the goods and leaving mole hills. That's what I've heard at least. And they brag of digging over 2000 silvers in the city parks here this summer. His time situation sounds alot like mine. This is probably why I have dug 3 silvers this year. Lack of time and targets.

I don't know about that particular scenario. But so far, at those parks, I've run into groups of guys (4 or 5) that don't associate and work areas hard with from what I can see are all kinds of machines. Maybe a local club. I've only been at 2 parks where I have not seen anyone on at least two trips. Those few that do meet and greet, we exchange cards, phone numbers, have a great conversation, and I rarely or never hear from them. This can turn out to be a lonely hobby. One of those parks is a newly opened and a newly managed park by strict cops and permits to hunt (I'm covered) and one is in an iffy neighborhood where I was asked to leave that area by people in illicit business doings. I went to the other side of the park. They were okay with that. It's tough out there. You have to go where you can get it. You have to search where nobody ever thought, as detectorists, where it would be. That's what the new detectorist mantra is now. Head for the areas where, through research, hunch, hearsay and the ability to make time for the hunt, then you'll have something. I feel for you Will. But in retrospect, prior to my semi retirement, I spent 70 to 80 hours a week working. For 15 years. I had barely enough time to take a good crap. Now I have time.

Time. Every moment counts.

I use it.

Ed
Good deal Ed

sounds like an adventure just to get to the spot/area to hunt!

HH

Beer
(12-16-2014 09:34 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Good deal Ed

HH

Beer

Wayne,

I went back there today and tried different settings. Took about a half hour to get there without screwing around detecting to it. Of all things I found a clad dime out near the edge of a bog, and a 1913 Wheat about a half hour later. It's so overgrown I just gave up and headed for the road and walked about a mile back to my truck. Nothing else today. And I scoured a bunch of areas. I'm beat. Out five hours. Must've walked about 8 miles total today.

Ed
(12-16-2014 08:18 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2014 09:34 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Good deal Ed

HH

Beer

Wayne,

I went back there today and tried different settings. Took about a half hour to get there without screwing around detecting to it. Of all things I found a clad dime out near the edge of a bog, and a 1913 Wheat about a half hour later. It's so overgrown I just gave up and headed for the road and walked about a mile back to my truck. Nothing else today. And I scoured a bunch of areas. I'm beat. Out five hours. Must've walked about 8 miles total today.

Ed

That's one other reason I got into detecting is the exercise you get, walking, bending,digging and more walking.I don't think I ever put 8 miles of walking in but see where one could.
Looks like it was your "turn" LOL Happy
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's