Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What did you get for Christmas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sure glad i picked TC to join then. i enjoy detecting and don`t take it to serious. that`s when it stops being fun. im happy just being the Bones making the finds i do.
don`t think i would like being one of the " heavy hitters " , and not being allowed to tell a joke without being one.
Wow didn't think this post would turn into this.I was just curious what everyone got for Christmas. Just goes to show that around here never know what to expect.LOL
(12-28-2014 04:49 AM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Sure glad i picked TC to join then. i enjoy detecting and don`t take it to serious. that`s when it stops being fun. im happy just being the Bones making the finds i do.
don`t think i would like being one of the " heavy hitters " , and not being allowed to tell a joke without being one.

Yes

Dankowski is a BRILLIANT man. NASA engineer, detector designer, teacher, etc. I pop in there just to see what discussions are going on about once a week or so, myself.

I was obviously (or, maybe not so obviously) joking in reference to the Fisher post thing. Yes, had I actually did it (which I never would), it would be in bad taste.

I think what Wayne was trying to express was, we here are more of a finds centered forum, whereas Dankowski's site isn't concerned with that. On the contrary, it's more of an analytical round table where hunters can discuss & split hairs about the nitty gritty of detector operations. It is a very tight, close group, of which I am proud to be included in, even if on the outer fringes. If someone who wasn't a regular, active poster there went in and tried to stir the pot on a sensitive subject, it could surely be misconstrued the wrong way. Especially if that someone was a fellow forum owner.

There are a bunch of great guys there, many of which religiously use our classifieds. I've even openly discussed his forum here many times, which I do out of respect and the fact that I think all hunters should be as educated as possible when it comes to our hobby & equipment.

I think we have MANY brilliant people as well, right here on our forum. It might not be expressed often, as again, we are a finds centered community, however, that certainly doesn't take away from the fact itself. As Bones said...

We're ALL metal detectorists, at the end of the day. We all want to get out and dig, and have a little fun along the way. Simple as that Happy

Joe
WELL!!haha. Wife got me a kick ass bluetooth jobsite  stereo...this thing rocks. Got to have my SLAYER! ,Pantera,Deftones to keep me motivated! My son got me the chip for my gps that shows land ownership...so we know if we are still on public land or who owns the spot we want to hunt. Everyone else...daughter,nieces ,etc got me chocslate,candy,cookies....damn, Im going to be a fat s.o.b.!
(12-28-2014 12:15 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]WELL!!haha. Wife got me a kick ass bluetooth jobsite  stereo...this thing rocks. Got to have my SLAYER! ,Pantera,Deftones to keep me motivated! My son got me the chip for my gps that shows land ownership...so we know if we are still on public land or who owns the spot we want to hunt. Everyone else...daughter,nieces ,etc got me chocslate,candy,cookies....damn, Im going to be a fat s.o.b.!

I like the idea of the chip for the GPS for land owner ship that sounds so cool to have I will look into it and the chocolate
BAH HUMBUG !!! they need to loosen the lace on their panties over there.
have some fun ... that`s what its all about.

Anywho ... i got a leasch digger from the neighbor. Bandit
and that sef 8x6 coil that i got to test out for two days a few weeks back
before the wife took it away and wrapped it up .. Sad
a few other oddball items, and some slippers for my aching feet ...

wish i could detect in them ....

(12-28-2014 11:41 AM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow didn't think this post would turn into this.I was just curious what everyone got for Christmas. Just goes to show that around here never know what to expect.LOL

i have the god given gift to take the whisper of a fart and turn it into a mountian of crap ...
kinda like the midas touch ...

But i come in peace.
Bones ...
(12-28-2014 12:51 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]BAH HUMBUG !!! they need to loosen the lace on their panties over there.

(12-28-2014 11:41 AM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow didn't think this post would turn into this.I was just curious what everyone got for Christmas. Just goes to show that around here never know what to expect.LOL

i have the god given gift to take the whisper of a fart and turn it into a mountian of crap ...

But i come in peace.
Bones ...
I think the way things turn and twist around here keeps things very interesting and some what educational in a twisted way.
(12-28-2014 01:18 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2014 12:51 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]BAH HUMBUG !!! they need to loosen the lace on their panties over there.

But i come in peace.
Bones ...
I think the way things turn and twist around here keeps things very interesting and some what educational in a twisted way.

Key word there is " Twisted " Tongue
Anywho , just looked at the time its noon and im not out detecting,
loosing the day, time to grab the beeping stick thingy.
( thats techy lingo for detector ) ... and hit the woods ...

Bones ...
Hey D-Ray, that GPS chips sounds very cool!
Have never heard of that, can you post the name of the product, or where they can be purchased. 
Thanks, 
Caprock
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's