Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1897 V
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-27-2014 11:00 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2014 10:29 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice V, Will!!! That's exactly what I was talking about earlier! Lemme ask you this...

Just a guesstimation, but, how many targets were keepers (coins, relics, doodads, etc.) that were over 8" that the TDI called iron?

Joe

I can't answer that question. The TDI doesn't ID like that. It has 2 tones. High and low. Low is high conductor and high is low conductor. Iron can go either way. If you ground balance properly most iron will low tone like a high conductor. You can set the ground balance low and cause most iron to high tone like low conductor. So if you want to dig low conductive targets you can set your machine to dig almost no iron and no foil. I did that for a while today and it's fun. You don't know what you might find. I did find that there are hot rocks that will scream low conductor. I dig no slag. It is there. It drives the pinpointer nuts, but the TDI sees right through it. Amazing. Even some of the dirt I dug was so mineralized that the TRX was going off all over the dug dirt. I would have to use another machine side by side to see what things ID as. Would be interesting, but I will never do it.

Yes

That's my like button!

Ed
Nice job Will! And keep the TDI POST COMING!  Im trying to sell mine...and either everyone thinks Im an ahole,or noone wants a TDI! $700 w/2 coils...any takers??
(12-28-2014 12:52 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Nice job Will! And keep the TDI POST COMING!  Im trying to sell mine...and either everyone thinks Im an ahole,or noone wants a TDI! $700 w/2 coils...any takers??

That's a great price. I paid more for mine with just the stock coil.
(12-27-2014 09:40 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Nice digs PWill Yes

is that "rigidty" thing heavy?

Looks like the tip of a dart minus the needle point!

Beer

Upon closer examination, you are absolutely correct. You can see where the tip was broken off and there is something stuck inside the other end. Must be the broken off piece of the rest of the dart. Good ID Wayne.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's