Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: # 64 43 P Merc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-28-2014 11:23 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2014 10:45 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2014 10:09 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice merc, Ed. You're having a very good year! I hear you about the personal crap, if it's not one thing, it's another. At least the holidays are almost over. We can all take a deep breath now. That drainage job sounds like a hidden opportunity, if they're going to be taking the dirt up. Can you dig it?! Wink

Joe

Joe,

I am the "GRAND SUPREMO, ELITIST DICTATOR" detectorist at the location because I'm the "boss" and we lease the land from the city. So technically it's "Private Property"! They'll be digging through about 1 or so foot of fill through virgin ground about 400 feet long, 2 feet wide, and guess who's putting his skinny ass in the hole with a stick for the laser transit all day!!! ( GOD! It's great to be old!) I'm staying late to check the piles and the sidewalls of the dig!!!!! Although the last one we did was a bust about 2 years ago, a lot of scrap iron with the Delta, but, you never can tell!!! (Me got the SE Pro now!) It was a Dairy Farm through the early 19th century! The family that owned it is now one of the biggest car dealerships in the area.

Ed

I'd be all over that like white on rice. As an added bonus, not only will you get som tectin' in after work, but some OVERTIME PAY, TO BOOT Wink

Joe
Joe,

I'd like the overtime, but I'm salaried 52 weeks a year, whether I work or not. You just got to have them sign the paper. I love negotiating!

Ed
Number 64 nice one, personal stuff always gets in the way of our true passion, the wife has me remodeling the house.Knocking down walls, new floors , textured walls new paint the works. When you do the work pretty much by yourself I'm done detecting till ???? unless I just sneak off when she doesn't notice(you know take a break now and then) far and few in between.But when it's all done it's fair game again.
(12-28-2014 11:23 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2014 10:45 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2014 10:09 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice merc, Ed. You're having a very good year! I hear you about the personal crap, if it's not one thing, it's another. At least the holidays are almost over. We can all take a deep breath now. That drainage job sounds like a hidden opportunity, if they're going to be taking the dirt up. Can you dig it?! Wink

Joe

Joe,

I am the "GRAND SUPREMO, ELITIST DICTATOR" detectorist at the location because I'm the "boss" and we lease the land from the city. So technically it's "Private Property"! They'll be digging through about 1 or so foot of fill through virgin ground about 400 feet long, 2 feet wide, and guess who's putting his skinny ass in the hole with a stick for the laser transit all day!!! ( GOD! It's great to be old!) I'm staying late to check the piles and the sidewalls of the dig!!!!! Although the last one we did was a bust about 2 years ago, a lot of scrap iron with the Delta, but, you never can tell!!! (Me got the SE Pro now!) It was a Dairy Farm through the early 19th century! The family that owned it is now one of the biggest car dealerships in the area.

Ed

I'd be all over that like white on rice. As an added bonus, not only will you get som tectin' in after work, but some OVERTIME PAY, TO BOOT Wink

Joe

Ah missed that post, awesome, that should be a fun site to dig.
and with some nice older history ...
Nice dime Ed. Good luck in the ditch.
Way to go Ed, your ending the year off great. Hope it go's into next years also.Yes
(12-31-2014 12:47 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Way to go Ed, your ending the year off great. Hope it go's into next years also.Yes

Me too Bob and the same for you as well as all our members. I learned a lot about detecting just being in the woods and observing, checking maps from 1874, 1902, 1927 and 1942 and then cross referencing all that to Google Earth history and Online Aerials. After a while you get a feeling for it. A hunch that somebody was there a long time ago. And when a little silver mercury dime pops out of the hole in an area of woods you'd never expect to find a silver, you know inside that you're on the right track and your intuitiveness and research works. Happy New Year Bob and all you great guys on TC Forums!!!

Ed
Congrats on #64!!
(01-01-2015 12:50 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on #64!!

Thank you Ron! Many more out there for 2015. Best of luck in the fields of gold too!!
Ed
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's