Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: # 64 43 P Merc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hit another area of the woods today that'll take me months to detect. Found a couple of wheats, one toasted, one a 1940. Some clad, mason jar lid, bike reflector, and this 1943 Merc at 4 inches. Was running the 12x10 SEF to cover ground, 26 sense, IM at 12, gain at 9, and most of the time ran wide open in AM until ground minerals drove me nuts.

Have fun out there and Happy Hunting!!

Ed
Nice save!

Congrats on #64 for the yr Yes

Beer
What , WOW !!! Ed ... more silver.
hell i might have to be the one jumping on a plain and coming your way.
your killing it up there.
i feel a 70 coming .... got my fingers and toes crossed for you .

way to go Ed .... Yes
(12-28-2014 07:54 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Nice save!

Congrats on #64 for the yr Yes

Beer

Thank you Wayne!!!

(12-28-2014 07:56 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]What , WOW !!! Ed ... more silver.
hell i might have to be the one jumping on a plain and coming your way.
your killing it up there.
i feel a 70 coming .... got my fingers and toes crossed for you .

way to go Ed .... Yes

Thank you BONES!! Anytime. My old lady has a Lazyboy, heat, massage, chairlift recliner that you can sleep in. And this may be all the silver I get for the year. Truck is down again with a one month old fuel pump that's not working and the old lady's car needs a muffler and the City wants me to help with a long awaited drainage problem along one of our nicer fields we've been desperate to get fixed for 3 years starting tomorrow.
Nice merc, Ed. You're having a very good year! I hear you about the personal crap, if it's not one thing, it's another. At least the holidays are almost over. We can all take a deep breath now. That drainage job sounds like a hidden opportunity, if they're going to be taking the dirt up. Can you dig it?! Wink

Joe
(12-28-2014 10:09 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice merc, Ed. You're having a very good year! I hear you about the personal crap, if it's not one thing, it's another. At least the holidays are almost over. We can all take a deep breath now. That drainage job sounds like a hidden opportunity, if they're going to be taking the dirt up. Can you dig it?! Wink

Joe

Joe,

I am the "GRAND SUPREMO, ELITIST DICTATOR" detectorist at the location because I'm the "boss" and we lease the land from the city. So technically it's "Private Property"! They'll be digging through about 1 or so foot of fill through virgin ground about 400 feet long, 2 feet wide, and guess who's putting his skinny ass in the hole with a stick for the laser transit all day!!! ( GOD! It's great to be old!) I'm staying late to check the piles and the sidewalls of the dig!!!!! Although the last one we did was a bust about 2 years ago, a lot of scrap iron with the Delta, but, you never can tell!!! (Me got the SE Pro now!) It was a Dairy Farm through the early 19th century! The family that owned it is now one of the biggest car dealerships in the area.

Ed
Sorry to hear about the truck,
that would be good if like joe said, and maybe you could detect that field next to the ditch during lunch breaks or something like that, or squeez in a bit of time after work. it might yield some nice silvers or other things for you.
congratulations on hitting 64 so far. thats outstanding,
you have made some amazing finds over the past month, and past several months, but this last month the dirt has really been kind to you with some nice big silvers.
way to close out the year ... Yes

i still see a possible 70 ... Wink
(12-28-2014 10:52 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to hear about the truck,
that would be good if like joe said, and maybe you could detect that field next to the ditch during lunch breaks or something like that, or squeez in a bit of time after work. it might yield some nice silvers or other things for you.
congratulations on hitting 64 so far. thats outstanding,
you have made some amazing finds over the past month, and past several months, but this last month the dirt has really been kind to you with some nice big silvers.
way to close out the year ... Yes

i still see a possible 70 ... Wink
BONES!!!!

I hope you're psychic for my sake. Got 3 more days. I'm 64 and 64 is a good number. If I can break it, I will!! THANKS BONES!!!!!!!!

Ed
Ed for 64, i have no doubt you could run circles around any other detectorist i know. the way you run those woods and dig every day is some hard core detecting and dedication, most guys hit the open easy areas, you get in the cracks and under the bushes and thats why you make the good finds consistantly ... ... ... ... ... hats off to you Sir.
Yes

Bones ...
(12-28-2014 10:45 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2014 10:09 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice merc, Ed. You're having a very good year! I hear you about the personal crap, if it's not one thing, it's another. At least the holidays are almost over. We can all take a deep breath now. That drainage job sounds like a hidden opportunity, if they're going to be taking the dirt up. Can you dig it?! Wink

Joe

Joe,

I am the "GRAND SUPREMO, ELITIST DICTATOR" detectorist at the location because I'm the "boss" and we lease the land from the city. So technically it's "Private Property"! They'll be digging through about 1 or so foot of fill through virgin ground about 400 feet long, 2 feet wide, and guess who's putting his skinny ass in the hole with a stick for the laser transit all day!!! ( GOD! It's great to be old!) I'm staying late to check the piles and the sidewalls of the dig!!!!! Although the last one we did was a bust about 2 years ago, a lot of scrap iron with the Delta, but, you never can tell!!! (Me got the SE Pro now!) It was a Dairy Farm through the early 19th century! The family that owned it is now one of the biggest car dealerships in the area.

Ed

I'd be all over that like white on rice. As an added bonus, not only will you get som tectin' in after work, but some OVERTIME PAY, TO BOOT Wink

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's