Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Food for Thought
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-30-2014 09:53 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone has bias' to their own type of detecting I suppose. Depth is not the issue to the people who don't have access to ancient sites or where the geology just doesn't allow for a rapid sink rate.
If you had two guys walk into a detector manufacturer with sure fire ways to get 6" more depth or the ability to disc gold from aluminum , I guarantee the fellow with the depth idea would be sent walking first if the manufacturer could only keep one.
Depth is really the easy half of the equation , just like recovery speed , and it keeps the relic hunters happy but they operate on a modified beep and dig philosophy. If the next generation is a concern you need to think in terms in disc and discovery , or you can just practice a find and leave strategy like that dope on Tom's site suggested. Happy

"Find & leave"? Fill me in, as I'm not hip to this, maybe I missed it. Please don't tell me some nut finds stuff and puts it back in the hole. This isn't fishing! Lol.

Joe
Yeah the catch and release guy. He says past generations were greedy and took all the old coins. I say we put a memorial in the bottom of our holes then fill them. This will give future generations something to dig. In 100 years memorials will be scarce if we don't act now.
(12-30-2014 10:27 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah the catch and release guy. He says past generations were greedy and took all the old coins. I say we put a memorial in the bottom of our holes then fill them. This will give future generations something to dig. In 100 years memorials will be scarce if we don't act now.

You gotta be shittin me?! Lol!!!!!!!!!! Noble of him, but makes no sense! What if nobody else ever finds it again? Does he leave the junk, too?

Who is this nut???

Joe
I forget what thread it was. I think it was something about the F75. Yes people were tearing him apart.
Now you went and did it!!! I MUST find this thread!!! Lol.

Joe
Will summed it up pretty good---Beyonder Pa or something like that was the guy's handle. Lamenting his lack of success finding old stuff because of previous generations of detectorists cleaned it all up---crap he ought to move out here where even the coin shops don't have any colonial coins. I've dug 4 times as much silver jewelry as I have silver coins in the last 4 years---an old park is from the 60's---1960s. Ran into a guy one day from your state Joe and he couldn't understand why we even bought detectors out here---then I showed him some of my gold nuggets. For nearly 20 years the only use I had for a detector was locating parts that fell off of the tractor or finding water tank valves Happy
(12-30-2014 11:03 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Now you went and did it!!! I MUST find this thread!!! Lol.

Joe

I just found it. http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discus...#msg-66145
That reminds me of guys that were digging and when they found something good they would put a tag in the hole saying too late I found something good. Well that backfired as there buddy just kept looking for there spot and when they found there tags then they started finding good targets too. LOL
I read the entire thread, and I'll say this...

I felt bad about everyone attacking the guy. Is what he's doing nonsensical & retarded? 1,000%!!! It's just something that I cannot even comprehend someone doing. Yet, leave him be. Attacking someone isn't going to accomplish anything. Besides...

He's doing us a favor!!! I'd love to know where he hunts!!! Lol.

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's