Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hi Ho, Silver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nice haul there Joe, and always fun to watch your videosYes
Nice silvers. I didn't see the video yet. Drugs are bad mmkay.
Nice video like watching people dig when my ground is froze cannot wait for a thaw.
(12-31-2014 09:33 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Nice video like watching people dig when my ground is froze cannot wait for a thaw.

We've been VERY lucky here, Steve. We were hunting in tee shirts last weekend! It's been as low as the teens at night, and 20's in the day, but it's very brief. It'll go up to 45 or 50 a couple days later. The ground is still soft as butter. If it's like this all winter, we can sneak out to detect on the warmer days, however, January & February have a tendency to be quite nasty.

Joe
(12-31-2014 09:39 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2014 09:33 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Nice video like watching people dig when my ground is froze cannot wait for a thaw.

We've been VERY lucky here, Steve. We were hunting in tee shirts last weekend! It's been as low as the teens at night, and 20's in the day, but it's very brief. It'll go up to 45 or 50 a couple days later. The ground is still soft as butter. If it's like this all winter, we can sneak out to detect on the warmer days, however, January & February have a tendency to be quite nasty.

Joe

It was 11F this morning at the fields for that drainage dig. My short woods hunt later, starting at 2:30 pm met a lot of crunching ice laden ground and the first 2 inches of dirt solid as a rock. Guess I'm going to need a hammer and a chisel on my next outing to get to the soft stuff. 2# lump hammer should do it. But I did find a "Memorial" frozen in a clod. Oh Joy, Oh Rapture! Chuckle Weekend promises to be in the upper 30's. Detecting I will go!!

Ed
(12-31-2014 09:57 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2014 09:39 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]

Joe

It was 11F this morning at the fields for that drainage dig. My short woods hunt later, starting at 2:30 pm met a lot of crunching ice laden ground and the first 2 inches of dirt solid as a rock. Guess I'm going to need a hammer and a chisel on my next outing to get to the soft stuff. 2# lump hammer should do it. But I did find a "Memorial" frozen in a clod. Oh Joy, Oh Rapture! Chuckle Weekend promises to be in the upper 30's. Detecting I will go!!

Ed

Worse case, the first few inches will be tough, after that it'll be child's play Happy

Joe
Nice digs, and good save on the SLQ Joe!

Don't see many of those dug anymore Yes

Beer
Nice Digs!! Congrats on the Silver!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's