Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Sweet Mary mother of Jesus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Plans changed today. I had time and the weather was warm. Very windy and a little rainy, but warm. Got up this morning, got the TDI battery off the charger, and headed out. Digging only low conductors again today. One of my first targets was a round ball. I got a little ring. Might be gold. Some button pieces from one hole. Shell casings. A little statue I think is Mary. Has a little shine to it, but feels like lead. I dug a lot of junk, but had a good time. Gave up on some weak signals. A foot down and no signal from the TRX. The ground was soggy muddy mess. I wasn't digging any deeper with just the little Lesche. This machine goes deep and loves low conductive targets.
wow !!! got so nice keepers in there,
i like that little statue, that is sweet. and the ring is real nice looking,
and a round ball !!! there must be some good age in the property or area.
nice hunt .

Bones ...
The ring looks gold to me. Nice find. The Mary figure may be a sign, your blessed with a gold ring. Either way your blessed to be able to get out and enjoy our hobby.
(01-04-2015 07:02 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]wow !!! got so nice keepers in there,
nice hunt .

Bones ...

Yeah it's some old ground. Pretty cleaned out as far as coins. Alot of low conductive stuff still around though. When I pulled out that little gold colored button it was real dirty. I couldn't help but think gold coin. I was rubbing the muck off thinking is it is it. Nope just a button. I wouldn't be surprised to find a gold coin at this spot.

(01-04-2015 07:07 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]The ring looks gold to me. Nice find. The Mary figure may be a sign, your blessed with a gold ring. Either way your blessed to be able to get out and enjoy our hobby.

Now I gotta find some frankincense and murr. Definitely blessed to be able to enjoy myself outdoors in January.
(01-04-2015 07:51 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2015 07:02 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]wow !!! got so nice keepers in there,
nice hunt .

Bones ...

Yeah it's some old ground. Pretty cleaned out as far as coins. Alot of low conductive stuff still around though. When I pulled out that little gold colored button it was real dirty. I couldn't help but think gold coin. I was rubbing the muck off thinking is it is it. Nope just a button. I wouldn't be surprised to find a gold coin at this spot.

(01-04-2015 07:07 PM)biggredd1972 Wrote: [ -> ]The ring looks gold to me. Nice find. The Mary figure may be a sign, your blessed with a gold ring. Either way your blessed to be able to get out and enjoy our hobby.

Now I gotta find some frankincense and murr. Definitely blessed to be able to enjoy myself outdoors in January.

You might check Walmart For frankincense and murr. Lol. They have everything.
that sounds like a great hunting spot. been a few months since weve seen a gold coin posted, hopefully the next ones on you ...
Nice ring dude! I would bet my left nut its real!
If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's almost surely gold from the looks of it, Will? Are there no markings on the piece? That is fantastic! Man, you are really becoming one with the TDI. Herschbach had a good post about PI's over on Tom's forum, and I tend to agree with him. More depth is critical nowadays, and the downside of digging a bit more trash with a PI is not too bad, if it will allow one to get MUCH further in the ground. Great hunt Yes

Joe
(01-04-2015 09:40 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's almost surely gold from the looks of it, Will? Are there no markings on the piece? That is fantastic! Man, you are really becoming one with the TDI. Herschbach had a good post about PI's over on Tom's forum, and I tend to agree with him. More depth is critical nowadays, and the downside of digging a bit more trash with a PI is not too bad, if it will allow one to get MUCH further in the ground. Great hunt Yes

Joe

Yeah I read Steve's post on the ATX. He is a PI guy. I read alot of his stuff. I might have to take a little bigger digger with me next time. One little ring pull without a tail that I dug today was at least 8" deep and was loud. I couldn't believe when I pulled that tiny thing out. I thought it would be something bigger. Surprised I didn't get any nickels today.

Looking closer at the ring. I picked off a little flake where it was bent. It's plated. Must be copper inside. Can't see any markings either.
Nice finds and I would agree on the gold ring.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's