Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: T2 is ready to go!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got the upgrade paid for. It's all disassembled and everything bubble wrapped to death. I got the shipping label and receipt printed. All I have to do now is take it to FedEx. Will probably do that Monday. I hope it comes back amazing. I haven't heard alot around the forums from people who got theirs upgraded. I have heard alot from people who got the F75 upgraded and it was mostly bad reports from early upgrades. So not hearing alot about the T2 is probably a good thing. With the newest T2 model and the TDI I think I will have quite an arsenal. Come on spring.
What is the primary goal of you sending it in, Will? Just for the upgrade? Or, are you looking for them to add more depth & other stuff?

Joe
(01-10-2015 05:00 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]What is the primary goal of you sending it in, Will? Just for the upgrade? Or, are you looking for them to add more depth & other stuff?

Joe

Well since mine is the original green model. The upgrades should make it run smoother, increase depth, and add speed. So, all of the above.
(01-10-2015 05:05 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2015 05:00 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]What is the primary goal of you sending it in, Will? Just for the upgrade? Or, are you looking for them to add more depth & other stuff?

Joe

Well since mine is the original green model. The upgrades should make it run smoother, increase depth, and add speed. So, all of the above.

I hope all goes well, and I'm sure it will, Will, lol, but...

Don't go betting the farm on greater depth, increased performance and all that, as like you said, we all saw what happened with the F75 debacle. I think they screwed up more machines than they 'upgraded'.

Again, I'm sure you'll be fine, but I'd suggest realistic expectations. Have you bench tested the unit so you can measure before & after performance?

Joe
(01-10-2015 05:15 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]

Joe

Don't go betting the farm on greater depth, increased performance and all that, as like you said, we all saw what happened with the F75 debacle. I think they screwed up more machines than they 'upgraded'.

Again, I'm sure you'll be fine, but I'd suggest realistic expectations. Have you bench tested the unit so you can measure before & after performance?

Joe
I was told by someone at FT that what I get back will be pretty much a brand new machine. With the added modes(BP and FA) there should be easily noticable differences. I haven't tested it lately and I ain't going outside to play with it now. I'm thinking I will get back a "proper" T2. I don't think they want any more bad publicity.
(01-10-2015 05:24 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2015 05:15 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]

Joe

Joe
I was told by someone at FT that what I get back will be pretty much a brand new machine. With the added modes(BP and FA) there should be easily noticable differences. I haven't tested it lately and I ain't going outside to play with it now. I'm thinking I will get back a "proper" T2. I don't think they want any more bad publicity.

At the LEAST, do a simple measured air test on a nickle, dime & quarter, then write the results down. This way, when you get the unit back, you'll have a clear bar that has been set. Either the upgrade will enhance those results, or not. You will then KNOW for sure if the unit has indeed been upgraded. No playing in the cold necessary Wink

Joe
Can't do a good test indoors. Way too much interference. You should hear the TDI if I turn it on inside. It goes insane. The T2 is all packed up already anyway. I know what it could do. If it doesn't come back better than it is now it will be sent right back. But like I said I haven't heard any bad word of T2 upgrades. I've read a few good reviews and no bad ones. One guy I talked to has a now upgraded green T2 and he has an original TDI. We were talking about both of them.
Good luck Will. I think First Texas is making improvements to get up to speed with detectorists that are going in different directions. So it's to their advantage to offer these perks if they can do it. And I think they can as they are a good company. Hurry up Spring!!!!
(01-10-2015 07:30 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck Will. I think First Texas is making improvements to get up to speed with detectorists that are going in different directions. So it's to their advantage to offer these perks if they can do it. And I think they can as they are a good company. Hurry up Spring!!!!

It looks like with these new improvements they are catching up with the newer overseas companies. I thought about selling the T2 and going with something else, but then it would be much easier to upgrade and see how that goes. I'm interested to see what the Makro Racer is going to be like. It looks like they designed it right from the First Texas machines. A faster, quieter, and deeper T2 will be great.
I made it to FedEx today. Now all I have to do is wait. Then I'll have to wait for the weather anyway. You know I'll be out in the snow playing with it as soon as it gets back.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's