Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: SEASON IS KAPUT!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got out with Gerry F., this morning. What a difference a week makes!!! Up till last Sunday, ground was like hot butter. Get to our spot today, bang my Predator into the soil, and it was like hitting steel! Amazing how just one brutally cold week can so quickly freeze the dirt. We tried a backup venue, and the ground was a BIT more soft, so we gave it a go. Some patches were easy, and some patches were brutal. I had to literally stand on my shovel like a pogo stick and hop on it with all my weight just to get down a few inches. I got about 6 or 7 wheats, but no silver or oldies.

Season is officially DONE Sad

Joe
Over for now but end of next week it should start to warm up. Its suppose to warm up here by mid week but will take a month and a half to thaw LOL
I gave up a while back. Although today and tomorrow are in the low 30's we're supposed to hit 13 below overnight Tuesday through Wednesday. So KAPUT it is. Hurry up Spring!!!!

Ed
Guess we're gonna have to sit around the campfire and keep each other entertained till then. S'mores, anyone?

Joe
(01-11-2015 04:32 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Guess we're gonna have to sit around the campfire and keep each other entertained till then. S'mores, anyone?

Joe

I'm not a girl scout, I'm colonial, it's by the fire with Hot Buttered Rum!!!! Winter passes by pretty quick that way.
Hey it is January. We were lucky enough to be able to hunt through December and even into the beginning of January. A couple months and we can be swinging full speed again. By full speed I mean "SLOW AND LOW".
(01-11-2015 04:35 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2015 04:32 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Guess we're gonna have to sit around the campfire and keep each other entertained till then. S'mores, anyone?

Joe

I'm not a girl scout, I'm colonial, it's by the fire with Hot Buttered Rum!!!! Winter passes by pretty quick that way.

Speak for yourself, hotshot! Bones is sticking with Capri-Sun!!! Lol.

Joe
Welcome to MY world Joe = been that way for weeks here
Just to let you know I just got off the phone with Leo!! He's doing okay but hasn't been able to get out too much. Although he's doing pretty good with the finds. Says he's going to get the computer fixed in the next few weeks and start posting some of the stuff he's finding. The stuff sounds pretty good so I won't spoil the surprises!!!
(01-11-2015 05:14 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Just to let you know I just got off the phone with Leo!! He's doing okay but hasn't been able to get out too much. Although he's doing pretty good with the finds. Says he's going to get the computer fixed in the next few weeks and start posting some of the stuff he's finding. The stuff sounds pretty good so I won't spoil the surprises!!!

I was wondering what happened to Leo

seems to have just fell off the face of the earth!

Can't wait to see what he's been findin!
Reference URL's