Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: JUST PICKED THIS UP TO SNUGGLE WITH THRU WINTER!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LOL

9"x12" Hard copy Book released last May (2013):

RELICS OF THE COASTAL EMPIRE, THE CIVIL WAR YEARS

A study of the artifacts of coastal Georgia and the South Carolina Lowcountry

over 1,000 full color photographs of excavated Civil War artifacts on 300 pages!

Can't wait til it arrives Beer

[Image: cwrelics_zps4c70a2c8.jpg]

This book came hot off the press in May 2013 after over ten years of research and collecting photos to document the Civil War history of coastal Georgia and South Carolina from Charleston S.C. down to Brunswick, GA. Not only is it a great reference book for identifying artifacts for collectors and historians, but it is a historical reference for Civil War activity for this area know as the Coastal Empire.

The book doesn't just cover Civil War relics, but artifacts from plantations, life in the city and the struggle all endured during this period of American history. From period jewelry, tools & hardware, coinage, bottles; to the variety of artifacts found in military encampments, this book offers a pictorial history of life on the coast. Also included is a section on presentation weapons and a poem written one month after the Battle of Fredericksburg about Savannah's General Lafayette McLaws.

RELICS OF THE COASTAL EMPIRE was done by the Coastal Empire History Hunters who have displayed artifacts for show, schools and living history programs for years. It is our desire to permanently document our research and preservation efforts in this book and share our love of history.

“This book will serve as an excellent addition to most anyones library with particular appeal to the relic hunter and student of history as well as the professional seeking a go to book for relic identification purposes with accompanying historical narratives. I see this book easily selling out and quickly becoming a collectors item opening the way to many other printings for future generations to enjoy.”
Sounds like a great book to snuggle up and drool over.
Looks like a great resource book for future finds.
Looks like a great book.
love the gun too ...
Yes I like the look of the book and the gun
"Leave the gun, take the cannoli" Bandit Cool Yes

Joe
(01-11-2015 07:05 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]"Leave the gun, take the cannoli" Bandit Cool Yes

Joe

lol

take the wine too = goes good with connoli Wink
(01-11-2015 10:48 PM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2015 07:05 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]"Leave the gun, take the cannoli" Bandit Cool Yes

Joe

lol

take the wine too = goes good with connoli Wink

Man, nice book Wayne.Yes Better than sex I'll bet. No Well, maybe not.YesBeer

"A well educated detectorist, through personal learning and field experience, is a path into the future of detecting." Maybe someday somebody will quote me for that. Chuckle

Ed
(01-11-2015 11:14 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Man, nice book Wayne.Yes Better than sex I'll bet. No Well, maybe not.YesBeer

"A well educated detectorist, through personal learning and field experience, is a path into the future of detecting." Maybe someday somebody will quote me for that. Chuckle

Ed

Not sure yet Ed

gotta wait for it to get here before I make make that call! Tongue

You're on to something with your philosophy though - that's for sure Yes

Beer
Reference URL's