Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: $2.5 Mil for 1792 Birch Cent!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Amazing!!! Imagine digging up one of these?! http://goo.gl/MgGUBI

Joe
I got the Email on that from the Auction site the other day.
would be nice to pull on of those bad boys up... Yes
As one of the first prototype stamping's of an American coin, I'd say he got a bargain. And it's a pretty clean looking coin. You can hold history in your hand only for so long. The longer you hold it, the more money it's worth. Inflation doesn't work in this case. This example is historical coinage "art". The guys a smart cookie. He made a wise investment. If you did dig a toasted one of these, it'd be worth a small fortune.

Ed
(01-12-2015 08:14 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]As one of the first prototype stamping's of an American coin, I'd say he got a bargain. And it's a pretty clean looking coin. You can hold history in your hand only for so long. The longer you hold it, the more money it's worth. Inflation doesn't work in this case. This example is historical coinage "art". The guys a smart cookie. He made a wise investment. If you did dig a toasted one of these, it'd be worth a small fortune.

Ed

Speaking of which, Ed, I found these the other day. Whatcha think I can get for them?

Joe
(01-12-2015 08:23 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2015 08:14 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]As one of the first prototype stamping's of an American coin, I'd say he got a bargain. And it's a pretty clean looking coin. You can hold history in your hand only for so long. The longer you hold it, the more money it's worth. Inflation doesn't work in this case. This example is historical coinage "art". The guys a smart cookie. He made a wise investment. If you did dig a toasted one of these, it'd be worth a small fortune.

Ed

Speaking of which, Ed, I found these the other day. Whatcha think I can get for them?

Joe

Uh.... you actually keep those? I roll em up and give them to the bank. If they ever call me about it I'll refer them to the Treasury Department, or Congress. They'll have a great deal of fun with that.Chuckle

Ed
SHEESH !!! those look like the pennies i dig.
looks like you got about 3 1/2 cents there total Joe ...
I didn't dig those, just dicking around, but I normally have a pouch full of them after each of my hunts, lol!

Joe
(01-12-2015 08:34 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]SHEESH !!! those look like the pennies i dig.

Actually if Joe takes the S Corp rules and uses the expense to dig that 3 & 1/2 cents, he can deduct about $45.00 from real income as a search expense. Let me get the calculator..... That's a 1,285:1 net loss to find those four toasted pennies. Which means that each of those dug up toasted pennies is worth $12.85 in negative net income, depending on circumstances. And it may be higher. Of course this is a hobby and all for fun!!! But those mid range tones are a killer to the profit line. Sometimes your up, sometimes your down. What the hell, Goldman Sachs does it all the time with our free money from the FED. So keep on digging fellas. But get a good accountant. And the leverage between silver and gold and ZINCOLNS will be through the roof by JUNE 2015.

Ed
Does biodegradable money help the economy?
(01-12-2015 08:55 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2015 08:34 PM)IndianaBones Wrote: [ -> ]SHEESH !!! those look like the pennies i dig.

But get a good accountant.

"But get a good accountant." = A Jewish accountant Wink

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's