Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-15-2015 03:37 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]According to the article, one guy made off with about 70 of them! At roughly $350 each, that's a cool $25,000!!! Still, that's a tough thing to live with on your conscience. Especially since some of the dough was going to the scouts. Further...

With all of the heat, the person who stole them would never be able to sell them altogether, as it would raise too many red flags. He'd have to find an overseas buyer, or, sell each off individually over time.

I just found it hilarious how quickly law & order can break down when treasure fever strikes, lol.

Actually, it was 350 pounds....That's about $525-530 American dollars!!
(01-15-2015 04:19 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2015 03:37 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]According to the article, one guy made off with about 70 of them! At roughly $350 each, that's a cool $25,000!!! Still, that's a tough thing to live with on your conscience. Especially since some of the dough was going to the scouts. Further...

With all of the heat, the person who stole them would never be able to sell them altogether, as it would raise too many red flags. He'd have to find an overseas buyer, or, sell each off individually over time.

I just found it hilarious how quickly law & order can break down when treasure fever strikes, lol.

Actually, it was 350 pounds....That's about $525-530 American dollars!!

I forgot to factor that in. Then yes, it was definitely worth it! Juuuuuuuust kidding, lol.

Just picture in your minds eye a gold coin being found, and about 100 detectorist's all jumping into the fray, arguing, pushing each other, running amok. Ah, to have seen that mess in person Happy Reminds me of that story MRH posted about the fistfights breaking out when they cleared 12" of dirt in one of his neighborhood parks.

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's