Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: First bust coin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[attachment=5069][attachment=5070]Earlier this week I had the itch to get out and Joe (NJNY DIGGER) couldn't go so I figured I'd hit an old reservation in Essex county that was good to me in the past. I found an area where the ground wasn't frozen because of the leaves. The first few targets were the usual stuff but got a shallow signal I thought was a clad dime. Three inches down I get a friggin' 1833 bust dime! I've been hunting for 27 years and this is my first. Also found the Barber Quarter in the same area and 2 IH's. There worn but I'll take it. Gerry
Holy SHIT!!!!!!!!!! I'm speechless!!! You weren't kidding when you said it was a "great catch"! Holed, too!!! Gotta give you credit...

I didn't think that 1860's map you found was accurate at all, but BOY was I wrong! Story of my life, lol. Who would've guessed there used to be a camp there?!

Killer, Gerry! Looks like it's going to be a VERY good spring Yes

Joe
Looks like you found a great location. Congrats on your first bust dime.
WTG Gerry!!! It breaks my heart to see a hole punched in that bust dime. 1833!!! Man. That sure beats a seated!! You're getting a good jump start on the year!!! YesYesYes

Ed
(01-23-2015 02:14 PM)Gerry F Wrote: [ -> ]Earlier this week I had the itch to get out and Joe (NJNY DIGGER) couldn't go so I figured I'd hit an old reservation in Essex county that was good to me in the past. I found an area where the ground wasn't frozen because of the leaves. The first few targets were the usual stuff but got a shallow signal I thought was a clad dime. Three inches down I get a friggin' 1833 bust dime! I've been hunting for 27 years and this is my first. Also found the Barber Quarter in the same area and 2 IH's. There worn but I'll take it. Gerry

Wish you were there to video it. If we do, we'll have to be careful not to show too much backround! Gerry
(01-23-2015 02:40 PM)Gerry F Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2015 02:14 PM)Gerry F Wrote: [ -> ]Earlier this week I had the itch to get out and Joe (NJNY DIGGER) couldn't go so I figured I'd hit an old reservation in Essex county that was good to me in the past. I found an area where the ground wasn't frozen because of the leaves. The first few targets were the usual stuff but got a shallow signal I thought was a clad dime. Three inches down I get a friggin' 1833 bust dime! I've been hunting for 27 years and this is my first. Also found the Barber Quarter in the same area and 2 IH's. There worn but I'll take it. Gerry

Wish you were there to video it. If we do, we'll have to be careful not to show too much backround! Gerry

Lol. 3 freakin inches!!! I probably would've walked right over it!!! Well, just my luck, about 5" of snow tomorrow, so I guess we ain't getting back there anytime soon Sad

Joe
Awesome finds! Yes
Holy Crap!! Congrats on the bust dime!! That is a great score!
Awesome. You're busted. I never pass up shallow coin signals. Some of my oldest ones have been 3" or less. I blame it on erosion.
Gerry you got some great finds there. Old silver is always fun to find and in NJ two silver day !!Yes
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's