Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Bad deal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I worked on the remodel of my house yesterday even though temps got into the 50's with the understanding I would have a day today to go detecting, Now it's raining. What a bad deal I made with the wife. Now it's a remodel day again hopefully we get it all done by spring.
I feel for you. Same thing has happened to me countless times, and it sucks. Count your blessings though, as we're dealing with a potentially historic blizzard here in NJ, tomorrow. Could be upwards of 18" of snow if everything lines up. Yes, it can ALWAYS be worse Wink I'll gladly trade places with you, Redd Chuckle

Joe
It's lifes little twist that keeps things interesting. Guess there's always another day.
You obviously are a rookie remodeler
Nota bene: the key for a detectorist who remodels for the bride is "drying time"
If you pick up lumber , STOP-- after it gets to the job it must spend some time drying in case it wasn't done correctly at the mill--3 to 4 hours is sufficient
If you paint the ceiling and the walls different colors , STOP---the ceiling must have drying time before you paint the walls to prevent the colors from bleeding into one another. Consult the instructions on the can for recoat times and double it ,,,you can't be too sure especially if your detecting site is more than a 20 minutes drive.
Do as much drywall work (taping ) early in the morning ---drying time on that stuff is ALL DAY---do not tell her about the quick setting stuff.
Use as much liquid nail as possible--it stinks like shit and you shouldn't be breathing those vapors and the drying time is 12 hours.
The same traits as liquid nail apply to PVC cement--drying time is faster but if you're clever you can make lots of joints to glue as they seldom are leakers.
Drying time on concrete is usually a day but it takes 28 days to completely cure--emphasize the cure strength when discussing the next step with the little lady.

If you need any more help , don't be afraid to ask.
Happy Hunting
(01-25-2015 01:45 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]You obviously are a rookie remodeler
Nota bene: the key for a detectorist who remodels for the bride is "drying time"
If you pick up lumber , STOP-- after it gets to the job it must spend some time drying in case it wasn't done correctly at the mill--3 to 4 hours is sufficient
If you paint the ceiling and the walls different colors , STOP---the ceiling must have drying time before you paint the walls to prevent the colors from bleeding into one another. Consult the instructions on the can for recoat times and double it ,,,you can't be too sure especially if your detecting site is more than a 20 minutes drive.
Do as much drywall work (taping ) early in the morning ---drying time on that stuff is ALL DAY---do not tell her about the quick setting stuff.
Use as much liquid nail as possible--it stinks like shit and you shouldn't be breathing those vapors and the drying time is 12 hours.
The same traits as liquid nail apply to PVC cement--drying time is faster but if you're clever you can make lots of joints to glue as they seldom are leakers.
Drying time on concrete is usually a day but it takes 28 days to completely cure--emphasize the cure strength when discussing the next step with the little lady.

Happy Hunting

Very much a rookie takes me for ever to figure out how to do certain things,then when I do she changes her mind like all women do. She the one that not as much a rookie she knows how a lot of things works.
Yep bad deal. But at least it's warm out.
Bummer but you can bank the extra day for future use.

I will have to keep that DRYING time plan handy!! I like it!!
(01-25-2015 01:45 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]You obviously are a rookie remodeler

Happy Hunting
Hell yeah,love it!
Reference URL's