Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Old Finds Never Posted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First the cigarette case. Found this in the Fall but never posted it. I can't determine it's age and at one time it had a label or applique glued to one side. Under the glue there is a pictorial stamping which shows an oasis but it's really hard to see. It's appears to be thinly coated in a gold plate or some other plating that mimics a golden color.

Then the froggy. I found this along with that cache of Sacagawea Dollars in that can under a rock back in the Spring. I actually lost it shortly after I found it the first time and when going through the area a couple days later found it again laying on the leaves about 20 feet from where I found the cache. Mr. Frog turns out to be a Japanese Netsuke of either ivory, walrus tooth, or bone. And it may be a vintage piece or a modern piece but it's not from the 17th or 18th century as it's not signed by the carver. Might even be a Chinese knockoff, but I'll never really know because no one Netsuke is exactly alike another.

Here's the story on the frog! Glad I found him!!!!!

Quote: Wiki
Frogs for the Japanese, are ascribed magical powers, and are popular lucky amulets, because the word for frog in Japanese “kaeru” sounds like “kaeru” meaning “return”, therefore implying many happy returns (of money and fortune), a safe return journey, etc.
Cool--Thanks for sharing!!

Keep that lucky frog close by--might come in handy on your future hunting trips!!
That frog is a cool lucky charm.
(02-02-2015 12:11 AM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Cool--Thanks for sharing!!

Keep that lucky frog close by--might come in handy on your future hunting trips!!

Hey Ron I sure hope so! I never thought of carrying it with me but that's going to change. I've had it sitting on the monitor pedestal on top of my PC all last season.

Ed
The frog is a cool find. It would be really cool to find the age of it but you may never know without any signature or numbers to go by.
I didnt know frogs was Lucky. cool
Maybe the shrooms haven't quite worn off yet, but...

Did that frog just shit that quarter?! Wow!!! Not quite as good as goose that lays golden eggs, but I'll take a silver shitting frog ANY day!!!!! Lol Chuckle

That is a VERY nice cigarette case, Ed Happy I remember accidentally ending up on a website for people that collected cigarette cases about a year or two again. I was searching for something else and came across it. Man, they must've had every cig case known to man posted there. I'll try to track the link down for you.

I'd carry that little froggie in your pocket this coming season. Maybe it'll bring you extra luck.

Joe
Ed I heard of the goose that lays the gold egg but a frog that lays quarters I think you may have something there YesChuckle
Love thst frog Ed! I would make it a shiftet handle for my jeep or yota!
Very cool finds! 
Did you kiss the frog to see if it would turn into a Gold Hunting Metal Detector?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's