Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: new member from ohio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Welcome to this great forum!! Enjoy!
Hi and Welcome from Krakow Poland ! 
Just be patient, take your time and research as you have with that old map and the goods will come. Just become one with your machine. remember that every detector has two control boxes, One on the detector and the other sitting on your shoulders, let your ears be the link to the two and you will be surprised at how much your skills will improve. LEARN the TONES or LANGUAGE of your machine and reap the Rewards. Once you bring home some nice keepers then maybe your hubby will join in. Having a buddy to hunt with is always great and I hope there is someone in your area that will hook up with you.
This is a Great place and you will find plenty of help here.

Good Luck & HH !
My house was built in the 1920's so there won't be any real old coins there but there sure are alot of nails in my yard. When you said turn the discrimination all the way down do you mean so that only quarter and dime are working on the display?
(02-09-2015 06:00 PM)newdigger Wrote: [ -> ]My house was built in the 1920's so there won't be any real old coins there but there sure are alot of nails in my yard. When you said turn the discrimination all the way down do you mean so that only quarter and dime are working on the display?

1920s? There should be all kind of old stuff in the yard. My house was built 1950 and I've found coins dating back to 1889 in the yard. Discrimination all the way down means leave everything open so you hear all tones. You will get better depth that way and the detector won't null from all the nails. Swing slow and low too.
That is how I usually run my detector with everything on but iron because there are so many nails and pieces of iron in my yard, but I still find them, sometimes they ring like they are pennies or dimes. One thing I have gotten pretty good at is fixing the hole I dug , you usually can't tell I even dug there. I use a spade to dig with cause its to hard for me with a trowel or anything small.
Iron very often falses up high, especially when it's disced out. When you blank it out you just don't hear the low tones. The detector still picks up on all metals. It just doesn't tell you that the iron is there. So all you hear is the false high tones. Round iron pieces like washers will hit like coins. Roundness makes it more conductive.
Welcome from Ontario, Canada.  The guys here are great.  you can't help but learn from these guys Happy

HH
Welcome from NC!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's