Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Todays Beach hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good to see you got out Mike and that you came home with something for the effort.

Those guys are bragging about cold weather. Sundays' forecast here is a overnight of -6F and a high of 2F ALL DAY! With the wind chill I won't even be able to walk the dog.

I hate Winter!!! At this rate the ground won't fully thaw until mid May.
I sure would be looking for a 50 caliber too! Sure is some cool history there! What
machine were you using? Wish we had history like that here!
(02-13-2015 09:02 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Good to see you got out Mike and that you came home with something for the effort.

Those guys are bragging about cold weather. Sundays' forecast here is a overnight of -6F and a high of 2F ALL DAY! With the wind chill I won't even be able to walk the dog.

Yep, that's COLD, you win, Ed!!! I'm sending you one of these bad boys asap! Would you prefer mink or sable?

Joe
Send Joe! I can make him dig targets.
(02-13-2015 09:02 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Good to see you got out Mike and that you came home with something for the effort.

I hate it too. That's why I moved to Florida. Now I am just a big WIMP.

(02-13-2015 09:22 PM)Jonal Wrote: [ -> ]I sure would be looking for a 50 caliber too! Sure is some cool history there! What

I use a CZ3D in the dry sand and dirt and a CZ 20/21 in the salt water. Got a Headhunter and a Fisher Gold Strike also.
(02-13-2015 09:58 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]

I hate it too. That's why I moved to Florida. Now I am just a big WIMP.

(02-13-2015 09:22 PM)Jonal Wrote: [ -> ]I sure would be looking for a 50 caliber too! Sure is some cool history there! What

I use a CZ3D in the dry sand and dirt and a CZ 20/21 in the salt water. Got a Headhunter and a Fisher Gold Strike also.

I never liked setting the sens. on my CZ3D higher than 5, as it doesn't produce any additional depth, it simply raised the target volume on deeper signals. I don't like that, as I much prefer the modulated audio. Let's me know when something is deep. Some guys love it though, as it helps them hear the super depth signals much better. Mike...

Was your 3D tuned by Tom? Is it a 1021?

Joe
Yes it is one of the first ones he did. Do you still have yours?
(02-13-2015 10:47 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it is one of the first ones he did. Do you still have yours?

Sold it maybe 2 years ago...the worst thing I EVER did!!! Mine too was a 1021, validated by the maestro, himself. In Florida inert dirt, if memory serves me correct, it think it could hit a dime at 11.2". I L-O-V-E-D that machine. The faceplate cracked on it, and it was sitting in the closet for a while. I started using a Minelab & never looked back. Here's the thing...

Pound for pound, the older CZ's are probably one of the top 5 depth units EVER. I believe they can top a ML on pure, raw depth. However...

Their Achilles heel has always been their affinity for deep iron. They have a nasty habit of calling deep junk good. As a hard core coinshooter now, the ML's just sniff out the deep junk better, and report it correctly. But..

In clean ground, I will go for the CZ ANY day, no hesitation Yes

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's