Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Gold Diamond Stud earrings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I spent several hours today looking for a Diamond gold stud earring with my Fisher GoldStrike. detector. None of the other detectors can get a hit even if you rub it on the coil. They are one of the most difficult gold items to find that I have experienced. I had the match to the missing earring and was able to detect it at no deeper than about 1 inch.

Anyone have tips on this type of recovery?
Not my experience Mike. There have to be a few guys here that have some info.

Ed/ODF
Yes this is very hard I just have found them with luck. All I know is I used a MXT and I put it in lock otherwise if you had it in track and swept more than 2 times over the small target it would track it out. Hope this helps
Mike, what you are referring to, as you probably already know, is what Dankowski refers to as "micro jewelry". There are VERY few detectors that would be able to hit a small gold stud. I know the Gold Bugs can do well on minute pieces like that, however, it is simply too small for the majority of units to "see". Even thin gold chains are incredibly difficult to get a hit on, unless one has a sizable clasp, and the unit picks up on that. According to NASA Tom...

With the right unit, and a fair amount of patience, one would be able to pocket a boatload of cash from micro jewelry, as the beaches are packed with it. Again, though, the problem is finding a unit that can see/hear pieces of that size. Aside from a Gold Bug...

I believe Tom used a specialty detector called an Aquastar, or something to that effect.

Joe
Very difficult to detect those little items. I have a Whites PI that will hit on it but remember it is not a large target and will fall through a water scoup very quickly.
I have buddies that use Fisher 21 or 1280 or Pluse units but they also have that trailing/floating screen that will catch those so they don't fall through.
If on dry sand and it falls back in the sand you could try using your pinpointer, if it's available. I have never found one but I have found tiny gold jewery with my Exp II and using my hand to wave sand over coil because I couldn't pick it up with scoup
Thanks for hint's guy's. I found it today.
(02-18-2015 04:30 PM)Mike Miller Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for hint's guy's. I found it today.

Good job!
Reference URL's