Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: GPZ 7000 available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(03-03-2015 11:09 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Joe, If  Minelab came up with a detectir that was 40% deeper than ctx/safari but same i.d. and was $5k ,would you buy it?Bet you would consider that! The nuggetshooters are like you...hard core..many have sites theyve pounded that they just know theres deeper gold. That maybe why I like relic hunting...dont need a multi thousand dollar machine

Honestly, Ray, I would seriously consider it, and would probably jump, but not certain. Heck, I'll be paying off my ATX until probably the end of 2015 anyways, which is on layaway, so what's a couple grand more to me?! Lol. Here's the thing though...

I am an EXTREME junkie. I'm like the guy that has to go fishing everyday, or the gun lover who has 75 pieces in his house. Still though, we come right back to justification...

As a coin hunter, would a $5,000 unit be justified? Depends. Going on your scenario of 40% deeper with accurate id, this would mean I'm hitting a depth nobody has ever touched. Which means more coins, most of which would be older, with the possibility of them being worth more. So, yes, it would be a VERY close, on the fence type of buying decision for me. However, here's what I know for CERTAIN...

If I was mainly a top nugget guy or beach hunter, someone like Chicago Ron, Gary Drayton, Jimmy Sierra, etc., YES ABSOLUTELY 1,000% I'D BUY ONE!!! Matter of fact, I'd probably be the first guy in line. A fella like Gary Drayton can hit the beaches for a season or two, and easily pull out 30 or $40,000 worth of gold jewelry. Someone like Jimmy Sierra has found hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not more) worth of gold over the years. Most coins on the other hand are worth squat, from a monetary perspective. So, again...

I would probably do it, as I'm a nut when it comes to this stuff, and I like the action. But I'm not sure if that price would be justifiable for most that are coinshooters or relic hunters.

Joe
I could barely get my wife to let me spend 200 on the ace 250. Im sure it would be a easy way for me to get a divorce if i got one of these.
(03-03-2015 11:09 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Joe, If  Minelab came up with a detectir that was 40% deeper than ctx/safari but same i.d. and was $5k ,would you buy it?Bet you would consider that! The nuggetshooters are like you...hard core..many have sites theyve pounded that they just know theres deeper gold. That maybe why I like relic hunting...dont need a multi thousand dollar machine

Hmmmmm

LoL

Think
I would like to borrow a 7000 and hit a tot lot just to say I did.
(03-08-2015 07:53 PM)khouse Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to borrow a 7000 and hit a tot lot just to say I did.

LMAO! That's VERY good Happy Imagine someone buying a 7000 to go clad hunting everyday?! Hahaha

Joe
I stopped by the beat up site my buddy was hunting with his 7000. He told me to take it for a spin. Now I have hunted this area for a long time with the 5000.

Within 10 minutes had a small rise in the threshold.

Are you kidding!! A 2 grain piece of gold--I don't even want to call it a nugget, but I was pretty impressed on the sensitivity of the 7000 with a 14" coil!! now it was only a inch or so deep but had been missed by a lot of good hunters in a area that has been pounded.

So can cant speak about depth but I can personally say it is more sensitive than a 5000 with stock coil!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's